Routledge handbook of early Chinese history / edited by Paul R. Goldin.
Goldin, Paul Rakita, 1972- (redaktör/utgivare)
- ISBN 9781138775916
- Publicerad: Abingdon, Oxon ; Routledge, 2018
- Engelska xix, 526 pages
Serie: Routledge handbooks
- Introduction: What is early Chinese history? / Paul R. Goldin -- Part I: Chronology -- Main issues in the study of the Chinese neolithic / Gideon Shelach-Lavi -- Of millets and wheat: diet and health on the central plain of China during the Neolithic and Bronze Age / Kate Pechenkina -- The Bronze Age before the Zhou dynasty / Robert Bagley -- The Western Zhou state / Li Feng -- The age of Territorial Lords / Chen Shen -- The Qin dynasty / Charles Sanft -- The former Han Empire / Vincent S. Leung -- The latter Han Empire and the end of antiquity / Wicky W.K. Tse -- Part II: Topical studies -- The old Chinese language / Axel schuessler -- Writing / Luo Xinhui; tr. Zachary Hershey and Paul R. Goldin -- The spirit world / Jue Guo -- Religious thought / Ori Tavor -- Political thought / Yuri Pines -- Food and agriculture / Roel Sterckx -- Warfare / Wicky W.K. Tse -- Currency / François Thierry -- Women in early China: views from the archaeological record / Anne Behnke Kinney -- An overview of the Qin-Han legal system from the perspective of recently unearthed documents / Kyung-Ho Kim and Ming-Chiu Lai -- Literature / Stephen Durrant -- Art / Wang Haicheng -- "Medicine" in early China / Miranda Brown -- Mathematics / Karine Chemla -- Astronomy / David Pankenier.
- "The study of early China has been radically transformed over the past fifty years by archaeological discoveries, including both textual and non-textual artefacts. Excavations of settlements and tombs have demonstrated that most people did not lead their lives in accordance with ritual canons, while previously unknown documents have shown that most received histories were written retrospectively by victors, and present a correspondingly anachronistic perspective. This handbook provides an authoritative survey of the major periods of Chinese history from the Neolithic era to the fall of the Latter Han Empire and the end of antiquity (AD. 220). It is the first volume to include not only a comprehensive review of political history, but also detailed treatments of topics that transcend particular historical periods, such as: - Warfare and political thought - Cities and agriculture - Language and art - Medicine and mathematics Providing a detailed analysis of the most up-to-date research by leading scholars in the field of early Chinese history, this book will be useful to students and scholars of Chinese History, Asian Archaeology and Chinese Studies in general."--Provided by publisher.
- Historia (sao)
- History (LCSH)
- China -- History -- To 221 B.C. -- Handbooks, manuals, etc. (LCSH)
- China -- History -- Han dynasty, 202 B.C.-220 A.D. -- Handbooks, manuals, etc. (LCSH)
- China. (fast)
- -221 f.Kr. (Kina) (sao)
- 202 f.Kr.-220 e.Kr. (Handynastin, Kina) (sao)
- To 220 (fast)
- Handböcker, manualer etc. (saogf)
- Handbooks and manuals. (fast)
- History. (fast)
- DS741.5 (LCC)
- 931 (DDC)
- Koea.2 (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit