Rewilding the Sea : how to save our oceans / Charles Clover.
Clover, Charles (författare)
- ISBN 9781529144055
- Publicerad: London : Witness Books, 2023
- Engelska xxiv, 261 sidor
- Where the wild things really are -- If in doubt, think big -- The battle of England’s coral garden -- Return of the native (oyster) -- Jurassic park of the sea -- Dinosaurs of the Dogger -- Paradise lost? -- Enemis of progess -- Saving the forests of the sea -- The future could be wildly different.
- In this indispensable follow up to his acclaimed The End of the Line: How Overfishing is Changing the World, Charles Clover chronicles how determined individuals are proving that the crisis in our oceans can be reversed, with benefits for both local communities and entire ecosystems. Rewilding the Sea celebrates what happens when we step aside and let nature repair the damage: whether it is the overfishing of bluefin tuna across the Atlantic, the destruction of coral gardens by dredgers in Lyme Bay or the restoration of oysters on the East Coast of America. The latest scientific research shows that trawling and dredging create more CO2 than the aviation industry and damage vast areas of our continental shelves, stopping them soaking up carbon. We need to fish in different ways, where we fish at all. We can store carbon and have more fish by stepping aside more often and trusting nature. Essential and revelatory, Rewilding the Sea propels us to rethink our relationship with nature and reveals that saving our oceans is easier than we think.
- Marine resources conservation (LCSH)
- Marine ecology (LCSH)
- Environmentalism (LCSH)
- Ocean -- Environmental aspects. (LCSH)
Indexterm och SAB-rubrik
- Udxf Vattenförekomster
- 333.91 (DDC)
- Udxf (kssb/8)
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit