A sociological approach to health determinants / Toni Schofield.
Schofield, Toni (författare)
- ISBN 9781316178713
- Publicerad: Port Melbourne, VIC, Australia : Cambridge University Press, 2015
- Engelska 1 online resource (xi, 215 pages)
- Relaterad länk:
https://doi.org/10.1... (Table of contents / Abstracts)
- The social determinants of health approach / Toni Schofield -- Understanding the social : introducing sociology / Toni Schofield -- Class and health / Toni Schofield -- Gender and health / Toni Schofield -- Ethnicity and health / Christina Ho and Toni Schofield -- Indigeneity and health / Toni Schofield and John Gilroy -- The state and health / Toni Schofield and Marco Berti -- Health care and health / Toni Schofield and Michelle Donelly.
- A Sociological Approach to Health Determinants investigates how 'the social' works in determining health and health inequity. Taking a global perspective, the book shines a light on how experiences of health, illness and health care are shaped by a variety of complex social dynamics. Informed primarily by sociology, the book engages with the WHO's social determinants of health approach and draws on contributions from history, political economy and policy analysis to examine issues such as class, gender, ethnicity and indigeneity, and the impact they have on health. A Sociological Approach to Health Determinants is a comprehensive resource that provides a new perspective on the influence of social structures on health, and how our understanding of the social can ensure improved health outcomes for people all over the globe.
- Social medicine. (LCSH)
- Health services accessibility. (LCSH)
- Health -- Social aspects. (LCSH)
- Women -- Health and hygiene. (LCSH)
- Men -- Health and hygiene. (LCSH)
- Indigenous peoples -- Health and hygiene -- Social aspects. (LCSH)
- Aboriginal Australians -- Health and hygiene -- Social aspects. (LCSH)
- Equality -- Health aspects. (LCSH)
- Ethnicity -- Health aspects. (LCSH)
- RA418 (LCC)
- 362.1 (DDC)
- Vp (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Uppgift om bibliotek saknas i LIBRIS
Kontakta ditt bibliotek, eller sök utanför LIBRIS. Se högermenyn.