Tibetan yogas of body, speech, and mind / Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche ; edited by Polly Turner.
Wangyal, Tenzin. (författare)
Turner, Polly, 1953- (författare)
- ISBN 9781559393805
- Publicerad: Ithaca, N.Y. Snow Lion Publications, 2011
- Engelska xx, 233 pages,  pages of plates
- 5050 Eternal body. Introduction to body ; The three bodies ; The body of light : the final results of dzogchen practice ; Practices of the body. Abiding in the five-point meditations posture ; The white liquid practice to heal disease ; Tibetan yoga : six vigorous physical movements that overcome negative emotions ; Prostrations : a physical movement that tames the ego and purifies -- Ceaseless speech. Introduction to speech ; Opening the door of speech : how to tap into sound's healing potential ; The five indestructible warrior sounds : the essence of the Five Wisdoms ; Practices of speech. A practice with the five warrior sounds : using primordial sounds to abide in the nature ; Healing sounds : clearing the path of the channels through sound ; The A Li Ka Li mantra ; The healing practice of Chétak Ngomé : using sound to purify and empower your speech ; Using sound to introduce you to the nature of mind : the practice of pure inner sound from Kündröl Dakpa -- Undeluded mind. Introduction to mind ; The fivefold teachings of Dawa Gyeltsen ; Entering the mandala : the psychological dimension of the mandala of the Ma Guy ; Mind and prana in meditation practice : Tsa Lung and the Nine Pranas ; A change of view : transforming ego-based identity through the Six-lokas practice ; Practices of the mind. The practice of Tsa Lung with the Nine Pranas ; Breathing light : the three-sacred-syllables practice ; A simplified version of the Six-lokas practice -- In closing -- Appendix 1. How the conditional body develops -- Appendix 2. The benefits of Tibetan yoga -- Appendix 3. The five classes of demons -- Appendix 4. The science of mind.
- In his lively conversationally-toned presentation, Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche clearly shows us how, no matter where we are or what we are doing or how stuck we feel in our pain, our more positive qualities are always accessible to us through our body, speech, and mind. Rather than always searching for happiness outside ourselves, we are shown how to look from a wider perspective and see the constantly present opportunity for reflection and connection with the joyful formless truth that is our authentic nature, and that can lead to the joy and peace inherent in us all.Tenzin Wangyal draws on a vast system of knowledge to show the many ways that body, speech, and mind can be utilized as doorways to happiness, contentment, better health, and ultimately liberation. These three doors of body, speech, and mind are viewed as the pathways to enlightenment in all the major spiritual traditions of Tibet. In fact they are seen as the only tools that we have for progressing on our spiritual journeys. But first we need to learn how to work with them.Everybody is looking for happiness and the causes of happiness, and everybody wants relief from suffering and the causes of suffering. Yet we usually look for happiness and relief from suffering in all the wrong places and in all the wrong ways.
- Bon (sao)
- Yoga (sao)
- Yoga -- Bon (Tibetan religion) (LCSH)
- Yoga -- Bon (Tibetan religion) (fast)
- Bonpo (Sect) (LCSH)
- Yoga (LCSH)
Indexterm och SAB-rubrik
- Cmec Buddhism
- BQ7982.2 (LCC)
- 299.5/4 (DDC)
- Cmec (kssb/8)
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit