The digital musician / Andrew Hugill.
Hugill, Andrew (författare)
- ISBN 9781138569621
- Third edition
- Publicerad: New York : Routledge, 2019
- Engelska xxiii, 324 sidor
- Introduction: The Digital Musician / PART I: AURAL AWARENESS / Chapter 1: Hearing and Listening / Chapter 2: Listening to Music / Chapter 3: Exploring Sound / PART II: MUSICAL CREATIVITY / Chapter 4: Working with Digital Audio / Chapter 5: Shaping Sounds / Chapter 6: Organizing Sound / Chapter 7: Composing Music / PART III: PERFORMANCE ABILITY / Chapter 8: Instruments / Chapter 9: Performing / Chapter 10: Musicianship / Chapter 11: Media / PART IV: CULTURAL KNOWLEDGE / Chapter 12: Cultural Context / Chapter 13: Critical Engagement / Chapter 14: Understanding Digital Music / PART V: REAL-WORLD SKILLS / Chapter 15: The Digital World.
- "The Digital Musician, Third Edition is an introductory textbook for creative music technology and electronic music courses. Written to be accessible to students from any musical background, this book examines cultural awareness, artistic identity and musical skills, offering a system-agnostic survey of digital music creation. Each chapter presents creative projects that reinforce concepts, as well as case studies of real musicians and discussion questions for further reflection.??This third edition has been updated to reflect developments in an ever-changing musical landscape—most notably the proliferation of mobile technologies—covering topics such as collaborative composition, virtual reality, data sonification and digital scores, while encouraging readers to adapt to continuous technological changes. With an emphasis on discovering one’s musical voice and identity, and tools and ideas that are relevant in any musical situation, The Digital Musician is sure to be an invaluable student resource for years to come.??Features of the third edition:?? Additional case studies, with new interviews exclusive to the third edition? Revised chapter structure with an emphasis on student focus and understanding, featuring additional and expanded chapters? Reinstatement of selected and updated first edition topics, including mixing, mastering and microphones? Companion website featuring case study interviews, a historical listening list, bibliography and many additional projects??Visit the companion website: www.andrewhugill.com/thedigitalmusician"
- Elektronisk musik (sao)
- Elektroakustisk musik (sao)
- Ljudteknik (sao)
- Electronic music (LCSH)
- Musique concrète (LCSH)
- Acoustical engineering (LCSH)
- ML3876 (LCC)
- 786.7 (DDC)
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit