Expressions of radicalization : global politics, processes and practices / Kristian Steiner, Andreas Önnerfors, editors.
Steiner, Kristian (redaktör/utgivare)
Önnerfors, Andreas, 1971- (redaktör/utgivare)
- ISBN 9783319655659
- Publicerad: Basingstoke, Hampshire : Palgrave Macmillan, 
- Copyright: ©2018
- Engelska 374 pages
- 1. Introduction / Andreas Önnerfors and Kristian Steiner -- 2. Terrorist ‘radicalising networks’: a qualitative case study on radical right lone-wolf terrorism / Matthew Feldman -- 3. Who is shaping your agenda? Social network analysis of anti-islam and anti-immigration movement audiences on Czech Facebook / Josef Šlerka and Vít Šisler -- 4. Moving the mainstream: radicalization of political language in the German PEGIDA movement / Andreas Önnerfors -- 5. Political radicalization in Israel: from a populist habitus to radical right populism in government / Dani Filc 6. Loving violent Arabs: a study of radicalism within the Israeli Messianic movement Kristian Steiner and Anders P Lundberg -- 7. Dealing with the intimate enemy: civil society and ethno-religious conflict in contemporary India / Sarbeswar Sahoo -- 8. Contexts of radicalization: an inductive meta-analysis of 41 case studies of contentious elections / Megan Reif Dyfvermark -- 9. The perfect storm: a study of Boko Haram, religious extremism, and inequality in Nigeria / Caroline Varin -- 10. Patterns of disengagement from violent extremism: a stocktaking of current knowledge and implications for counterterrorism / Anja Dalgaard-Nielsen -- 11. Hizb al-tahrir: its ideology and theory for collective radicalization / Mohammad Iqbal Ahnaf -- 12. Counter-radicalization as counter-terrorism: the European union case / Bruno Oliveira Martins and Monika Ziegler -- 13. Conclusions / Kristian Steiner and Andreas Önnerfors.
- This edited collection considers whether it is possible to discern how the level of ideology is affected by radicalisation. In other words: what happens in the minds of people before they decide to use political violence as means to attain their goals? Also this book asks: what has to happen in the minds of people in order to preclude them from using political violence as a way of attaining their goals? This volume unites scholars from several disciplines and perspectives from a number of different geographical, social and cultural contexts with the overarching aim to refine our understanding of what 'radicalisation' actually implies.
- Radikalisering (sao)
- Politiskt våld (sao)
- Politisk psykologi (sao)
- Radicalization. (LCSH)
- Political violence. (LCSH)
- Political psychology. (LCSH)
- Politics and Government. (ukslc)
- Radicalization (LCSH)
- Political violence (LCSH)
- Political psychology (LCSH)
- HN49.R33 (LCC)
- POL (ämneskategori)
- 320.5 (DDC)
- Ocg (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 5 bibliotek. Ange som favoritAnge som favoritAnge som favorit