The Oxford handbook of sentencing and corrections / edited by Joan Petersilia, Kevin R. Reitz.
Petersilia, Joan, (editor.)
Reitz, Kevin R., (editor.)
- ISBN 978-0-19-024144-5 (paperback)
- Publicerad: Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2015.
- Copyright: ©2012
- Engelska xi, 764 pages
- Sentencing and corrections : history and present context -- Sentencing and corrections: overlapping and inseparable subjects / Joan Petersilia and Kevin R. Reitz -- Mass incarceration: from social policy to social problem / Jonathan Simon -- Race, ethnicity, and punishment / Michael Tonry -- The collateral effects of imprisonment on prisoners, their families, and communities / Alec Ewald and Christopher Uggen -- Crime victims, sentencing, and release from prison / Julian V. Roberts -- Sentencing --Theories of proportionality and desert / Richard S. Frase -- Problem-solving courts: an international comparison / James L. Nolan, Jr. -- Searching for Sasquatch: deterrence of crime through sentence severity / Cheryl Marie Webster and Anthony N. Doob -- Risk assessment / Christopher Slobogin -- Restorative justice as evidence-based sentencing / Lawrence W. Sherman and Heather Strang -- Charging and plea bargaining as forms of sentencing discretion / Ronald F. Wright -- The "traditional" indeterminate sentencing model / Kevin R. Reitz -- The sentencing commission model, 1970s to present / Robert Weisberg -- Procedure at sentencing / Nancy J. King -- Corrections -- American corrections: reform without change / Karol Lucken and Thomas G. Blomberg -- Probation, intermediate sanctions, and community-based corrections / Faye S. Taxman -- Jails, pre-trial detention, and short term confinement / Lieutenant Gary F. Cornelius (retired) -- Prison governance: correctional leadership in the current era / George M. Camp and Bert Useem -- Prison conditions: some international comparisons / Richard W. Harding -- Understanding the impact of drug treatment in correctional settings / Steven Belenko, Kimberly A. Houser and Wayne Welsh -- The effectiveness of corrections-based work and academic and vocational education programs / Doris Layton MacKenzie -- Identifying, treating, and reducing risk for offenders with mental illness / Jennifer L. Skeem and Jillian K. Peterson -- Sex offender management and treatment / Roxanne Lieb -- Female offenders and women in prison / LaTosha L. Traylor and Beth E. Richie -- The psychological effects of imprisonment / Craig Haney -- Living life behind bars in America / Michael G. Santos -- The present status and future prospects of parole boards and parole supervision / Edward E. Rhine -- Life on the outside: transitioning from prison to the community / Thomas P. LeBel and Shadd Maruna -- The characteristics of prisoners returning home and effective reentry programs and policies / Christy A. Visher and Jeremy Travis -- Broken and beyond repair: the American death penalty and the insuperable obstacles to reform / Carol S. Steiker and Jordan M. Steiker -- The dark at the top of the stairs: four destructive influences of capital punishment on American criminal justice / Franklin E. Zimring and David T. Johnson.
- Prison sentences -- United States. (LCSH)
- Corrections -- United States. (LCSH)
- Criminal justice, Administration of -- United States. (LCSH)
- Fängelsestraff (sao)
- Brottspåföljder (sao)
- Straffprocess (sao)
- Corrections (LCSH)
- Criminal justice, Administration of (LCSH)
- Prison sentences (LCSH)
- Förenta staterna
- 364.60973 (DDC)
- HV 8708 (LCC)
- Oepa (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit
Uppsala universitetsbibliotek, Dag Hammarskjöld och Juridiska biblioteket (Udhj)Ange som favorit
Utlånad?Öppettider, adress m.m.