Re-creating neighborhoods for successful aging / edited by Pauline S. Abbott ... [et al.] ; forewords by Robert N. Butler, Robert H. McNulty.
Abbott, Pauline S. (redaktör/utgivare)
- ISBN 9781932529241 (pbk)
- Baltimore : Health Professions Press, c2009.
- Engelska xxi, 262 p.
- A history of long-term care in the United States / Nancy Carman -- Public health and the built environment / Pauline Abbott -- Geographic information systems: health and aging as a spatial construct / Kerry R. Brooks and Bob Scarfo -- Nature-related contact for healthy communities: from hunter-gatherer to horticultural therapy / Angela C. Pappas -- The evolution of continuing care retirement communities: not your grandmother's retirement community / Frank R. Mandy -- Naturally occurring retirement communities: thriving through creative retrofitting / P. Annie Kirk -- Cohousing and shared housing / Laura Bauer Granberry -- Outdoor environments supportive of independence and aging well / Jack Carman and Edward Fox -- Technology and aging: adapting homes and shopping environments with assistive technologies / Emi Kiyota -- Collaboration as the key to the successful future of aging / Bob Scarfo.
- Aging -- Social aspects -- United States. (LCSH)
- Older people -- Housing -- United States. (LCSH)
- Neighborhood planning -- United States. (LCSH)
- Retirement communities -- United States. (LCSH)
- HQ1064.U5 (LCC)
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit