Perspectives on African environment, science and technology / edited by Toyin Falola and Maurice Amutabi.
Falola, Toyin. (redaktör/utgivare)
Amutabi, M. N. (Maurice Nyamanga) (redaktör/utgivare)
- ISBN 1-59221-883-0
- Trenton, NJ : Africa World Press, 2012.
- Engelska xii, 426 p.
- Revisiting African science and technology -- Pre-colonial African iron metallurgy: methodology, socio-cultural context, and decline / Aribidesi Usman -- Rethinking the notion of science and technology in Africa: a case of hill furrows, Kilimanjaro, Tanzania / Elinami V. Swai -- Science and technological inventions among the Yorubas before colonialism / Olukayode Segun Eesuola -- Yoruba numeral system, epistemic root in Ifa oracular/literary corpus and the challenges of science/technology / Nelson O. Fashina -- Eurocentrization of science and technology and knowledge in Africa in Tanzania / Elinami V. Swai -- Cross-section of environmental issues and threats in Africa -- From Jesse to Ijegun: poverty, environmental degradation and the quest for the redistribution of the Nigeria's oil wealth / Monsuru Muritala -- Potential of microbial strains for reclamation and clean-up of polluted Nigerian soils / T.O. Adejumo -- The economy of accelerated food production, land conflicts and environmental degradation in central Nigeria region / Mike O. Odey -- Growing slums and improper sanitation habits as impediment to development in Nigeria / Hauwau Evelyn Yusuf and Ahmad Bawa Abdul-Qadir -- Post-colonial environmental issues in Africa: globalization, science, technology and the language question / Ann Albuyeh -- African writers and the metaphor of environmental degradation: an ecocritical perspective on Niyi Osundare and Tanure Ojaide's selected poems / Ademola O. Dasylva -- Ecology, science and technology and conflicts in the postcolonial era -- Ecological roots of social conflict in Kenya: pastoralism, land, and the development paradox / Shadrack Wanjala Nasong'o -- Failed promises: a study of the promotion of science and technology in Nigeria / Bukola Adeyemi Oyeniyi -- Sustainable design, a democratic tool for social upliftment / Jolanda Morkel and Maria Leus -- Traditional architecture and environmental conservation among the Abaluyia of western Kenya: lessons for contemporary society / Maurice N. Amutabi -- Climate change and sustainable development in Nigeria / Soji Oyeranmi -- African environment and conservation methods revisited -- The challenge of biofuels development in Africa: an institutional analysis and development (IAD) perspective / Ogundiran Soumonni -- The role of folklore and folk life in environmental education and sanitation in Yorubaland / A. Ademiluyi and R.A. Asiyanbola -- Fighting "modern slavery": securing land rights for the Saramaka / Adam Carpinelli -- Managing filth in Nigeria / Nnenna George-Kalu & George Kalu -- Gender, work and technology in rural Africa / 'Lai Olurode.
- Environmental protection -- Africa. (LCSH)
- Science -- Social aspects -- Africa. (LCSH)
- Technology -- Social aspects -- Africa. (LCSH)
- Technology and civilization. (LCSH)
- Q175.52.A4 (LCC)
- 303.483096 (DDC)
- Oab (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit