The future of housing finance : restructuring the U.S. residential mortgage market / Martin Neil Baily, editor
Baily, Martin Neil (redaktör/utgivare)
- ISBN 978-0-8157-2208-3
- Washington, D.C. : Brookings Institution Press, cop. 2011
- Engelska x, 212 p.
- Preface -- 1. The federal role in housing finance : principal issues and policy proposals / Douglas J. Elliott -- 2. The cycle in home building / Alan Greenspan -- 3. Toward a three-tier market for U.S. home mortgages / Robert C. Pozen -- 4. Government's role in the housing finance system : where do we go from here? / Karen Dynan and Ted Gayer -- 5. Eliminating the GSEs as part of comprehensive housing finance reform / Peter J. Wallison -- 6. Catastrophic mortgage insurance and the reform of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac / Diana Hancock and Wayne Passmore -- 7. The economics of housing finance reform / David Scharfstein and Adi Sunderam.
- "Evaluates the options open to policymakers as they reassess the federal government's role in the U.S. residential mortgage market and consider a new system that reduces risk in mortgage lending, maintains a limited government role, and gradually removes the government-sponsored enterprises (Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac) from the mortgage market"--Provided by publisher.
- Mortgage loans -- Government policy -- United States. (LCSH)
- Housing -- United States -- Finance. (LCSH)
- Mortgages -- USA (shbe)
- Housing finance -- USA (shbe)
- HG2040.5.U5 (LCC)
- 332.7/220973 (DDC)
- Qaebk (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit