Notch signaling in embryology and cancer / edited by Jörg Reichrath, Sandra Reichrath.
Reichrath, J. (Jörg), 1962- (redaktör/utgivare)
Reichrath, Sandra, 1974- (redaktör/utgivare)
- ISBN 978-1-4614-0898-7 (hardback)
- New York : Springer Science+Business Media ; c2011.
- Engelska 328 s.
Serie: Advances in experimental medicine and biology ; 727
- Machine generated contents note: The Molecular Basis of Notch Signaling: A Brief Overview.- The Role of Adams in Notch Signaling.- Metabolism and Transportation Pathways of GDP Fucose that are Required for the O Fucosylation of Notch.- Notch Signaling and the Generation of Cell Diversity in Drosophila Neuroblast Lineages.- NEPRO: A Novel Notch Effector for Maintenance of Neural Progenitor Cells in the Neocortex.- Notch Signaling and Development of the Hematopoietic System.- Notch Signaling in Lung Development and Disease.- The Role of Notch Signaling in Kidney Development and Disease.- Notch Signaling and the Developing Skeleton.- Notch Signaling and the Developing Skin Epidermis.- Notch Signaling and the Developing Hair Follicle.- Notch Signaling and the Developing Inner Ear.- Notch Signaling in Cancer Stem Cells.- Notch Signaling Pathway and Cancer Metastasis.- Notch, Apoptosis and Cancer.- Ligand Dependent Notch Signaling in Vascular Formation.- Notch and the P53 Clan of Transcription Factors.- Notch Signaling and Breast Cancer.- Notch Signaling and Malignant Melanoma.- Notch Signaling and Nonmelanoma Skin Cancer: An Ancient Friend, Revisited.- Notch Signaling and Intestinal Cancer.- Notch Signaling and Brain Tumors.- Notch Inhibition as a Promising New Approach to Cancer Therapy.
- "The goal of this volume is to comprehensively cover a highly readable overview on our present knowledge of the role of Notch signalling for embryology and cancer, with a focus on new findings in molecular biology. Topics that are discussed in-depth by leading researchers and clinicians range from the newest findings in cellular and molecular pathology to new concepts for prophylaxis and treatment of cancer. Experts in the field as well as scientists and health care professionals not intimately involved in these specialized areas are provided with the most significant and timely information related to these topics. It is the aim of this book to summarize essential up-to-date information for every clinician or scientist interested in the role of Notch signalling in embryology and cancer. We hope that this volume will be adopted as the standard text in this area of science and will stimulate new interest in the role of Notch signalling for embryology and cancer. We further hope that this compendium will serve as both a source for current researchers and a guide to stimulate and assist those in related disciplines to enter this exciting field of research"--Provided by publisher.
- Receptors, Notch (MeSH)
- Signal Transduction (MeSH)
- Embryonic Development -- physiology (MeSH)
- Neoplasms -- metabolism (MeSH)
- W1 (NLM)
- QU 375 (NLM)
- 571.7/4 (DDC)
- Ug.047 (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit