Whitney Biennial 2012 / [edited by Elisabeth Sussman, Jay Sanders]
Biennial exhibition (2012 : New York, N.Y.)
Sussman, Elisabeth, 1939- (edt)
Sanders, Jay, 1975- (edt)
Whitney Museum of American Art.
- ISBN 978-0-300-18036-7 (pbk)
- New York : Whitney Museum of American Art, 2012
- Engelska 319 s.
- "Since its introduction in 1932, the Whitney Biennial--the Museum's signature exhibition and a highly anticipated event in the art world--has charted new developments in contemporary art. Inaugurated by Gertrude Vanderbilt Whitney in 1932, these biennial exhibitions have demonstrated the museum's commitment to supporting the development of 20th- and 21st-century American art.The 2012 Biennial features works by approximately 50 artists working in a variety of media, including painting, sculpture, photography, film, video, dance, and performance. Elisabeth Sussman (co-organizer of the influential, politically provocative 1993 Whitney Biennial) and Jay Sanders provide an insightful joint essay, and a group of art historians and critics contribute entries on common themes and ideas from the represented artists' techniques and influences. In addition, a significant portion of the catalogue is devoted to original contributions from each of the participating artists, in a unique effort to provide a more experiential understanding of the exhibition.For more information on the 2012 Whitney Biennial and its participating artists, visit www.whitney.org"--
- Art, American -- 21st century -- Exhibitions. (LCSH)
- ART / History / Contemporary (1945-). (bisacsh)
- ART / Collections, Catalogs, Exhibitions / Group Shows. (bisacsh)
- Konstutställningar -- Förenta staterna -- 2000-talet (sao)
- N6512.7 (LCC)
- 709.730747471 (DDC)
- Ib.6 (kssb/8)
Titeln finns på 4 bibliotek. Ange som favorit
Ange som favoritAnge som favorit
Umeå universitetsbibliotek, Konstnärligt campus (Qa)Ange som favorit
Titeln i bibliotekets lokala katalog
Utlånad?Öppettider, adress m.m.
Placering: addk 709.730 747 471 Whi