YourDictionary [Elektronisk resurs] : the dictionary you can understand
- Burlingame, CA. : LoveToKnow Corp., 1995-
Läs hela texten
- Directory of on-line dictionaries for over 200 languages. Includes both general and specialized dictionaries. Also provides access to sign language dictionaries, as well as grammar and linguistic resources.
- "'yourDictionary.com provides the most comprehensive and authoritative portal for language [and] language-related products and services on the web with more than 1800 dictionaries with more than 250 languages.' An Advisory Council of Experts provides 'guidance in the development, acquisition, and maintenance of the dictionaries.' The Endangered Language Repository section has been created to highlight world efforts to preserve the many languages and dialects that are threatened with extinction. This site aims to 'provide ways of building vocabularies, studying grammar, practicing spoken and written languages,' 'provide scientific information about language as well as various forms of language play designed to build language skills,' and meet any linguistic need. Although the home page is a little crowded, it is generally easy to use and navigate. There is a 'Quick Look-up' conveniently placed at the top for searching a word either in the Merriam-Webster Collegiate Dictionary or Thesaurus. yourDictionary.com, with its easy-to-remember URL, should become a favorite"--"Best Free Reference Web Sites 2001." RUSA Quarterly, Fall 2001; reviewed Apr. 12, 2001.
- Electronic encyclopedias. (LCSH)
- Electronic dictionaries. (LCSH)
- Language and languages -- Dictionaries. (LCSH)
- Dictionaries, Polyglot. (LCSH)
- Thesauri. (LCSH)
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit
Göteborgs universitetsbibliotek, Digitala biblioteket (Gdig)Ange som favorit
Titeln i bibliotekets lokala katalogFind@GU
Öppettider, adress m.m.
Placering: Elektronisk resurs
Läs hela (Fri webbresurs/Free web resource)