The United States and China in power transition / David Lai.
Lai, David, 1955- (författare)
- Army War College (U.S.). Strategic Studies Institute (utgivare)
Alternativt namn: Army War College. Strategic Studies Institute
Alternativt namn: Strategic Studies Institute
Alternativt namn: SSI
- ISBN 1-58487-515-1
- Carlisle, PA : Strategic Studies Institute, U.S. Army War College, 
- Engelska xvi, 265 p.
Läs hela texten
- Introduction -- The power transition theory -- U.S.-China power transition : from potential to reality -- The future of U.S.-China power transition.
- The most profound change that the United States and China have experienced in their relations over the past 30 years is perhaps the onset of an apparent power transition between the two nations. This potentially titanic change was set in motion as a result of China's genuine and phenomenal economic development, and the impact of this economic success on the United States and the U.S.-led international system has been growing steadily. This perceived power transition process will continue to be a defining factor in U.S.-China relations for the next 30 years. As China's economic, political, cultural, and military influence continue to grow globally, what kind of a global power will China become? What kind of a relationship will evolve between China and the United States? How will the United States maintain its leadership in world affairs and develop a working relationship with China so that China can join hands with the United States to shape the world in constructive ways? In this book, the author offers an engaging discussion of these questions and others. The analysis addresses issues that trouble U.S. as well as Chinese leaders. The author puts the conflicting positions in perspective, most notably presenting the origins of the conflicts, highlighting the conflicting parties' key opposing positions, and pointing out the stalemates.
- Balance of power. (LCSH)
- military balance
- United States -- Foreign relations -- China. (LCSH)
- China -- Foreign relations -- United States. (LCSH)
- USA -- foreign policy -- China (sipri)
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit