Disaster resilience : an integrated approach / [edited] by Douglas Paton and David Johnston.
Johnston, David Moore, 1966-
- ISBN 0-398-07663-4
- Springfield, Ill. : Charles C Thomas, c2006.
- Engelska xxii, 321 p.
- Disaster resilience: building capacity to co-exist with natural hazards and their consequences / Douglas Paton -- Identifying the characteristics of a disaster resilient society / Douglas Paton and David Johnston -- Natural hazards / C.E. Gregg and B.F. Houghton -- Lifelines and urban resilience / David Johnston, Julia Becker, and Jim Cousins -- Hazard mitigation: a priority for sustainable communities / Robert O. Schneider -- Assessing social resilience / Philip Buckle -- Natural hazard resilience: the role of individual and household preparedness / Douglas Paton, John McClure, and Petra T. Bürgelt -- Weathering the storm: women's preparedness as a form of resilience to weather-related hazards in northern Australia / Alison Cottrell -- Encouraging protective behaviors in communities / Leigh Smith -- Links between community and individual resilience: evidence from cyclone affected communities in north west Australia / Julie Ann Pooley, Lynne Cohen, and Moira O'Connor -- The Hakka spirit as a predictor of resilience / Li-Ju Jang and Walter LaMendola -- Exploring the complexity of social and ecological resilience to hazards / Douglas Paton, Gail Kelly, and Michael Doherty -- The media, bushfires and community resilience / W. Peter Hughes and Peter B. White -- Economic resilience to disasters: towards a consistent and comprehensive formulation / Adam Rose -- Managing company risk and resilience through business continuity management / Douglas Paton and Rosemary Hill -- Resilience in emergency management: managing the flood / Douglas Paton and Trevor Auld -- Planning for hazard resilient communities / David King -- Disaster resilience: integrating individual, community, institutional and environmental perspectives / Douglas Paton.
- Disasters -- Social aspects. (LCSH)
- Natural disasters -- Social aspects. (LCSH)
- Hazardous geographic environments. (LCSH)
- Risk management. (LCSH)
- Emergency management. (LCSH)
- Preparedness. (LCSH)
- Community organization. (LCSH)
- Resilience (Personality trait) (LCSH)
- HV553 (LCC)
- 363.347 (DDC)
- Oh (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit