Re-framing the theatrical [Elektronisk resurs] : Interdisciplinary landscapes for performance / Alison Oddey.
Oddey, Alison. (författare)
- Basingstoke, Palgrave Macmillan, 2007.
- Engelska 264 p.
- Relaterad länk:
http://dx.doi.org/10... (Table of Contents / Abstracts)
- List of Figuress Acknowledgements Foreword-- Colin Wiggins Re-Framing Director-Creator-Collaborator: Devising and Technology 'It's about Cross-Over': Cross-Art Performance Re-thinking the Theatrical Frame: The Opera Director, Video Artist and Visual Artists Landscapes for Performance : the Geographies of Deborah Warner Angels, Soul and Rebirth Narratives of the City, Interpretations of Director, Reflections of Spectator The Art of Sound: Auditory Directions Performing Silence Notes Bibliography Index.
- Oddey questions the role of the spectator and director, and the nature of art works and performance. She provocatively demonstrates the spectator as centre of the artistic experience, a new kind of making theatre-art, revealing its spirit and nature; searching for space and contemplation in a hectic twenty-first century landscape. -- Alison Oddey takes us on a spectator's journey, engaging with art forms that cross boundaries of categorisation. She examines how these cross-art forms provoke a solo spectator-protagonist, and how the work becomes meditative and spiritual. In questioning the role of the spectator and the director, Oddey considers how a re-thinking and reclaiming of physical and artistic forms has contributed to a new kind of making theatre-art, searching for space and contemplation in a hectic twenty-first-century landscape. Highlighting the work of director Deborah Warner and of artists Heather Ackroyd, Dan Harvey and Graeme Miller, Oddey provocatively demonstrates the spectator as centre of the artistic experience, in an exciting and innovative analysis of the many changes taking place in contemporary performance.
- 'Alison Oddey - a highly regarded performance scholar - broke new ground with her first book on devising for theatre. In this latest intervention, Re-Framing the Theatrical, she makes some radical claims about performance, discussing spirituality, silence in performance, and the emergence of the spectator as performer-protagonist: key themes in contemporary practice and emerging theory.' - Professor Lizbeth Goodman, SMARTlab, University of East London.
- Films, cinema. (bicssc)
- Television. (bicssc)
- The arts: general issues. (bicssc)
- Theatre studies. (bicssc)
- Performing Arts. (eflch)
- APF (ämneskategori)
- APT (ämneskategori)
- AB (ämneskategori)
- AN (ämneskategori)
- PER (ämneskategori)
Uppgift om bibliotek saknas i LIBRIS
Kontakta ditt bibliotek, eller sök utanför LIBRIS. Se högermenyn.