The new Palgrave: A dictionary of economics [Elektronisk resurs] / Edited by John Eatwell, Murray Milgate, Peter Newman.
Newman, Peter, 1928-
- rev. ed.
- Basingstoke, Palgrave Macmillan, 1987.
- Engelska 2650 p.
- Relaterad länk:
http://www.palgravec... (Table of Contents / Abstracts)
- Publishing History Editors' Preface List of Entries A-Z The Dictionary Volumes 1-4 Appendices I-IV (Entries in The New Palgrave by author-- Biographies from Palgrave's Dictionary-- Entries in Palgrave's Dictionary of Political Economy by author-- Subject Index) Index.
- The New Palgrave: A Dictionary of Economics brings together the knowledge of 927 of the world's leading economists, including 13 Nobel Laureates. The 1,300 subject entries cover the broad themes of economic theory such as money, value, capital, equilibrium and growth, with over 655 biographies and 4,000 cross-references. -- Following its original publication in 1987, The New Palgrave: A Dictionary of Economics has become established as the leading reference work in the field. In four volumes, The New Palgrave: A Dictionary of Economics brings together the knowledge of 927 of the world's leading economists, including 13 Nobel Laureates. The 1,300 subject entries cover the broad themes of economic theory such as money, value, capital, equilibrium and growth, with over 655 biographies and 4,000 cross-references. The New Palgrave: A Dictionary of Economics provides a clear, accessible introduction to any subject, for professionals, researchers and academics alike, and is the authoritative statement of economic thinking at the end of the twentieth century.
- 'The New Palgrave is in a class of its own...The dictionary does everything which one would hope of a successor to the original Palgrave dictionary. There will be no competitor for many decades.'- The Guardian 'This will be the standard reference work on economics until well into the next century.' - The World Economy 'The list of contributors reads like a who's who in economics. The range of topics is breathtaking. The choice of topics is excellent...It is overwhelmingly impressive...a very high quality product that is also unique.' - Martin L. Weitzman, Massachusetts Institute of Technology 'To attempt such an undertaking was audacious, to have carried it out is astonishing, and to have done so with so remarkable a list of authors is a tribute to the intelligence and diligence of the editors.' - Alan S. Blinder, Princeton University 'The New Palgrave will be an indispensable reference tool for both junior and senior scholars in economics and perhaps even more for the journalist or business executive. The topics are exhaustive.' - Kenneth J. Arrow, Nobel Prize Winner in Economics.
- Reference works. (bicssc)
- Economic theory & philosophy. (bicssc)
- General. (eflch)
- GBC (ämneskategori)
- KCA (ämneskategori)
- GEN (ämneskategori)
Uppgift om bibliotek saknas i LIBRIS
Kontakta ditt bibliotek, eller sök utanför LIBRIS. Se högermenyn.