Bees, wasps, and ants : the indispensable role of Hymenoptera in gardens / Eric Grissell.
Grissell, Eric (författare)
- ISBN 978-0-88192-988-1
- Portland, Or. : Timber Press, 2010.
- Engelska 335 p.
- The impact of bees, wasps, and ants on our lives -- What are Hymenoptera? -- Some basics of Hymenopteran biology -- A garden of Hymenoptera -- The garden's cows : sawflies -- The garden's police : true parasitoids, stinging parasitoids, and a few surprises -- The garden's wolves : predatory wasps -- The garden's pollinators : bees -- The garden's recyclers : ants.
- "Examples of nearly every kind of bee, wasp, and ant can be found somewhere in a garden, but they work in mysterious and wondrous ways, largely unknown to those of us who tend the land we live on. This book is an exploration of the group, discussing its importance, its biology, and methods of encouraging (or discouraging) them in the garden. It is also an openly impassioned plea for acceptance of life forms that are vastly greater in importance than most humans would imagine and hugely necessary to the world in which we live"--Cover, p. 2.
- Hymenoptera -- Popular works. (LCSH)
- Bees -- Popular works. (LCSH)
- Wasps -- Popular works. (LCSH)
- Ants -- Popular works. (LCSH)
- hymenoptera (agrovoc)
- honey bees (agrovoc)
- apidae (agrovoc)
- vespidae (agrovoc)
- formicidae (agrovoc)
- animal biology (agrovoc)
- ecology (agrovoc)
- biodiversity (agrovoc)
- pollination (agrovoc)
- gardens (agrovoc)
- QL565 (LCC)
- 595.79 (DDC)
- 42.75 (bcl)
- Ugjba (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit