Making the most of college : students speak their minds / Richard J. Light.
Light, Richard J. (författare)
- ISBN 0-674-01359-X
- Cambridge, Mass. ; Harvard University Press, 2004.
- Engelska 242 p.
- Introduction -- Powerful connections -- Suggestions from students -- The most effective classes -- Good mentoring and advising -- Faculty who make a difference -- Diversity on campus -- Learning from differences -- What college leaders can do.
- "Why do some students make the most of college, while others struggle and look back on years of missed deadlines and missed opportunities? What choices can students make, and what can teachers and university leaders do, to improve more students' experiences and help them achieve the most from their time and money? Most important, how is the increasing diversity on campus - cultural, racial, and religious - affecting education? What can students and faculty do to benefit from differences, and even learn from the inevitable moments of misunderstanding and awkwardness?" "From his ten years of interviews with Harvard seniors, Richard Light distills encouraging - and surprisingly practical - answers to fundamental questions. How can you choose classes wisely? What's the best way to study? Why do some professors inspire and others leave you cold? How can you connect what you discover in class to all you're learning in the rest of life?"--BOOK JACKET.
- College seniors -- Attitudes -- Longitudinal studies. (LCSH)
- Harvard University -- Students -- Attitudes -- Longitudinal studies.
- LD2160 (LCC)
- 378.198097444 (DDC)
- Epib (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit