Making globalization work for women : the role of social rights and trade union leadership / edited by Valentine M. Moghadam, Suzanne Franzway, and Mary Margaret Fonow.
Moghadam, Valentine M., 1952-
Fonow, Mary Margaret, 1949-
- ISBN 978-1-4384-3960-0 (pbk alk paper)
- Albany : State University of New York Press, c2011.
- Engelska xvi, 336 p.
Serie: SUNY series, praxis: theory in action
- Introduction and overview : globalization and women's social rights / Mary Margaret Fonow, Suzanne Franzway, Valentine M. Moghadam -- Towards economic citizenship : the Middle East and North Africa / Valentine M. Moghadam -- Promoting the social rights of working women : the case of Palestinian women in Israel / Michal Schwartz -- Tunisia : women's economic citizenship and trade union / Hafidha Chékir and Khédija Arafoui -- Gendered economic rights and trade unionism : the case of Argentina / Graciela di Marco -- Can a focus on survival and health as socio-economic rights help some of the world's most imperiled women in a globalized world? Cases from Ecuador, Ukraine, and Laos / Rae Lesser Blumberg and Andres Wilfrido Salazar-Paredes -- The ILO, gender equality, and trade unions / Shauna Olney -- Women's rights and leadership : a central trade union agenda / Jo Morris -- Achieving equality through quality : public services and the role of public sector trade unions / Nora Wintour -- The role of unions in the promotion of gender equality in france / Pascale Coton -- Trade unions, collective agency and the struggle for women's equality : expanding the political empowerment measure / Linda Briskin -- Women's leadership in the South African labor movement / Neva Seidman Makgetla -- Women-only unions and women union leaders in Japan / Kaye Broadbent -- Demanding their rights : LGBT transnational labor activism / Suzanne Franzway and Mary Margaret Fonow -- Ne'er the twain shall meet? Reflections on the future of feminism and unionism / Jennifer Curtin.
- Women's rights (LCSH)
- Women in the labor movement. (LCSH)
- Globalization. (LCSH)
- Feminism. (LCSH)
- Globalization (shbe)
- Feminism (shbe)
- Labour movement -- women (shbe)
- Trade unions -- women (shbe)
- HQ1236 (LCC)
- 331.87082 (DDC)
- Ohai (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit