Cultural conformity in books for children : further readings in racism / edited and with an introd. by Donnarae MacCann and Gloria Woodard.
- ISBN 0-8108-1064-6
- Metuchen, N.J. : Scarecrow Press, 1977.
- Engelska ix, 205 p.
- Closing the lid on the melting pot (excerpt) / William L. Smith -- Education of the culturally different: a multicultural approach (excerpt) / Jack D. Forbes -- The thrust toward pluralism: what progress? (excerpt) / Tomás A. Arciniega -- Cultural pluralism and books for children / Council on Interracial Books for Children -- American Indian authors for young readers / Mary Gloyne Byler -- That's one good Indian: unacceptable images in children's novels / Laura Herbst -- Academic treatment of the Indian in public school texts and literature / R. Clark Mallam -- Chicano culture in children's literature: stereotypes, distortions and omissions (excerpt) ; Fiction: parade of stereotypes (excerpt) / Council on Interracial Books for Children -- The Chicano in children's literature / José Taylor -- 100 chilldren's books about Puerto Ricans: a study in racism, sexism and colonialism (excerpt) / Council on Interracial Books for Children -- The colonialist mentality: distortions and omissions in children's history books / Irma Garcia -- Selected reviews -- How children's books distort the Asian American image ; Criteria for analyzing books on Asian Americans / Council on Interracial Books for Children -- Selected reviews -- A call for help: exploring the Black experience in children's books / Jane Granstrom and Anita Silvey -- Starting out right: choosing books about Black people for young children / Children's Literature Review Board -- Mary Poppins revisited: an interview with P.L. Travers / Albert V. Schwartz -- Bright April and Abraham Lincoln reviewed / Children's Literature Review Board -- The slave dancer is an insult to Black children / Sharon Bell Mathis -- Racism and distortions pervade The slave dancer / Binnie Tate -- Combating the influence of Black stereotypes in children's books (excerpt) / Katherine B. Baxter -- Librarians wrestle with racism, sexism / Wayne Kabak -- The Iowa Plan: a 'due process' for handling book challenges / Robert Foley and Donnarae MacCann -- Selected instructional materials: a model policy and rules (excerpt) / Larry D. Bartlett.
- Rasism i litteraturen (sbiao)
- Etniska minoriteter i litteraturen (sbiao)
- Svarta i litteraturen (sbiao)
- Children's literature -- History and criticism. (LCSH)
- Children -- Books and reading. (LCSH)
- Racism in literature. (LCSH)
- 809.89282 (DDC)
- G.092 (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit