Constructivism : origins and evolution / George Rickey.
Rickey, George. (författare)
- ISBN 0-8076-1381-9
- Rev. ed.
- New York : G. Braziller, 1995.
- Engelska xi, 306 p.
- pt. 1. The Legacy of Constructivism. I. Origins. II. The Non-Objective World in Russia. III. Constructivism and De Stijl. IV. The Bauhaus and Constructivism Between the Wars. V. The New World and New Thought. VI. Postwar Developments. VII. The New Generation -- pt. 2. The Heirs and Their Work. I. Classic Order. II. New Ideas of Space. III. Reliefs. IV. Tangents and Pressures. V. The Centered Image. VI. Mathematics and Concrete Art. VII. Chance. VIII. Micro-elements. IX. Optical Phenomena. X. Movement. XI. Light. XII. Color.
- Rickey traces the development of Constructivism through the thoughts of its founders, from its origins in Russia in 1913 to its dispersion throughout Europe and its later manifestations in the United States. Rickey's historical survey provides the background for a discussion of the heirs - those artists who have given the movement its international status. Photo essays illustrate the work of painters and sculptors who have transformed the inherited concepts into fresh interpretations. Attention is focused not only on established artists but also on outstanding members of each succeeding generation. Of special interest are the historical insights based on previously unpublished material from Naum Gabo, a key figure in the formulation of Constructivist doctrines. Rickey has also included illustrations and photographs of works of art thought to have been lost. Highlights of significant events are outlined in a separate, detailed chronology.
- In addition to the visual documentation - some 350 illustrations - a most valuable part of this book is the exhaustive bibliography, prepared by Bernard Karpel, of the continuity of Constructivism. Mr. Karpel was Librarian of the Museum of Modern Art in New York.
- Constructivism (Art) -- History. (LCSH)
- Art, Modern -- 20th century -- History. (LCSH)
- Constructivisme (art) -- Histoire. (ram)
- 709.04057 (DDC)
- Ib.5 (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit
Kungl. akademien för de fria konsterna, biblioteket, Biblioteket (F)Ange som favorit
Bibliotekets lokala katalog
Öppettider, adress m.m.
Placering: Konsthist. 1900-tal