From Insurgency to Stability, Volume I [electronic resource] : Key Capabilities and Practices.
Rabasa, Angel. (författare)
Gordon, John (författare)
Chalk, Peter (författare)
- Rand Corporation (utgivare)
Alternativt namn: Rand
- ISBN 978-0-8330-5305-3
- Santa Monica : RAND Corp., 2011.
- Engelska 1 online resource (273 p.)
- Relaterad länk:
http://public.eblib.... (Ebook Library)
- Cover; Title Page; Copyright; Contents; Preface; Figures; Tables; Summary; Acknowledgments; Abbreviations; Chapter One: Introduction; The Goals of This Research; The Fragile Transition; COIN Transition; Different Levels of U.S. Involvement in Counterinsurgency; Implications of Different Outcome Scenarios; Chapter Two: U.S. Interagency Planning and Implementation--Vision andReality in 2010; The Department of State Coordinator for Reconstruction andStabilization and the Civilian Response Corps; Prospects for Improved Approaches to Interagency Planning andExecution of SROs.
- Contractors as Vehicles for ContinuityInformation Systems; Chapter Three: Military-to-Civilian Hand-Off of Security and Economic Operations; Describing Security and Economic Operations; Military Hand-Off of Security Operations; Hand-Off of Policing and Public Safety Programs; Hand-Off of Intelligence, Surveillance, and ReconnaissancePrograms; Hand-Off of Economic Operations to Civilian Agency Leadership; Hand-Off Challenges During Operation Iraqi Freedom; Chapter Four: Disarmament, Demobilization, and Reintegration; The Concept of DDR; DDR Phases and Prerequisites; DDR and Technical Support.
- The Role of International Police in Post-COIN EnvironmentsCoordination and Implementation of the DDR Process; Monitoring; Chapter Five: Police and Justice Functions; Introduction; Building Police Capabilities; Building Justice and Corrections Capabilities; Challenges in Building Police, Justice, and Corrections Systems inTransition Environments; Chapter Six: The Contribution of International Partners; Transition-Relevant Capabilities of International Institutions; International Police Capabilities; Rule of Law; Disarmament, Demobilization, and Reintegration; Post-Crisis Economic Assistance.
- Chapter Seven: Conclusions and RecommendationsHand-Off of Security and Economic Operations from Military toCivilian Agencies; Disarmament, Demobilization, and Reintegration of Combatants; Police and Justice Functions; Crosscutting Issues; Technological Solutions; Appendixes; A.U.S. Government Agencies Involved in Implementing orSupporting Policing Capabilities; B.U.S. Government Agencies Involved in Building or Supporting Justice and Corrections Capabilities; C. Key Capabilities of U.S. Government Agencies; Bibliography.
- This book identifies the procedures and capabilities that the U.S. Department of Defense, other agencies of the U.S.government, and its allies and partners require to support the transition from counterinsurgency to conditions of greater stability.
- Counterinsurgency -- Case studies.
- counterinsurgency -- USA (sipri)
- Peace-building -- Case studies.
- United States -- Armed Forces -- Stability operations -- Case studies.
- Political Science.
- Military Science.
- Electronic books.
- U241 .F76 2011 (LCC)
- 327.73355.425 (DDC)
- Ob (kssb/8 (machine generated))
- Seg.01 (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit
SIPRI Library and Documentation Department, Biblioteket (Sipr)Ange som favorit
Bibliotekets lokala katalog
Öppettider, adress m.m.
Placering: Fri e-publikation