China and India, 2025 [electronic resource] : a comparative assessment / Charles Wolf, Jr., ... [et al.].
Wolf, Charles, 1924-
- Rand Corporation (utgivare)
Alternativt namn: Rand
National Defense Research Institute (U.S.)
- ISBN 0-8330-5042-7
- Santa Monica, CA : RAND, 2011.
- Engelska 1 online resource (xxiv, 145 p.)
Serie: RAND Corporation monograph series ; MG1009
Läs hela texten (Fritt tillgänglig via RAND)
- Objectives, background, context -- Population trends in China and India: Demographic dividend or demographic drag? -- China-India: a macroeconomic assessment -- Science and technology -- Chinese and Indian defense and defense procurement spending to 2025 -- Conclusions and implications -- Appendix A: Meta-analysis of economic growth in China and India -- Appendix B: Detailed calculations for, and additional figures showing, the projections in Chapter Four -- Appendix C: Analytic tables.
- China and India will exercise increasing influence in international affairs in the coming decades. As prominent members of the G-20, their influence will be manifest in the global economy, in global politics, and in the global security environment. Each country's role on the world stage will also be affected by the progress that it makes and by the competition and cooperation that develop between them. The research described in this monograph focuses on the progress China and India seem likely to achieve from 2010 through 2025, as well as on some of the major problems they may encounter along the way. This research consists of a comparative assessment of their prospects in this period in four domains: demography, macroeconomics, science and technology, and defense spending and procurement. In each domain, the assessment seeks answers to these questions: Who is ahead? By how much? and Why? Often the answers are quantitative, sometimes they are more qualitative, and sometimes they are inconclusive. The monograph concludes with implications for policy and for further research.
- Economic development -- China -- Forecasting. (LCSH)
- Economic development -- India -- Forecasting. (LCSH)
- Technological innovations -- China. (LCSH)
- Technological innovations -- India. (LCSH)
- demography -- China -- India (sipri)
- China -- Population. (LCSH)
- India -- Population. (LCSH)
- China -- military expenditure (sipri)
- India -- military expenditure (sipri)
- China -- economic development (sipri)
- India -- economic development (sipri)
- China -- technology -- development (sipri)
- India -- technology -- development (sipri)
- China -- Armed Forces -- Appropriations and expenditures. (LCSH)
- India -- Armed Forces -- Appropriations and expenditures. (LCSH)
- HD775.C6 (LCC)
- RAND MG1009
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit
SIPRI Library and Documentation Department, Biblioteket (Sipr)Ange som favorit
Bibliotekets lokala katalog
Öppettider, adress m.m.
Placering: Fri e-publikation