Rapid climate change : causes, consequences, and solutions / Scott G. McNall.
McNall, Scott G. (författare)
- ISBN 978-0-415-89203-2
- New York : Routledge, 2011.
- Engelska x, 91 p.
Serie: Framing 21st century social issues
- Why is the earth getting warmer and what difference does it make? -- The Cassandra problem -- Calculating the odds : how we think about risk and climate change -- What is the future worth?.
- The book reviews the science of climate change and explains why it is one of the most difficult problems humanity has ever tackled. Climate change is a "wicked" problem bound up with problems of population growth, environmental degradation, and world problems of growing social and economic inequality. The book explores the politicization of the topic, the polarization of opinion, and the reasons why, for some, science has become just another ideology to be contested. How do humans assess risk? Why are they are so bad at focusing on the future? How can we solve the problem of climate change? These are the questions this work answers.
- Social ecology. (LCSH)
- Global environmental change. (LCSH)
- Environmental policy. (LCSH)
- Climatic changes -- Forecasting. (LCSH)
- HM861 (LCC)
- 363.738/74 (DDC)
- Uhcd (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit