Critical perspectives in rural development studies / edited by Saturnino M. Borras, Jr.
Borras, Saturnino M. (redaktör/utgivare)
- ISBN 978-0-415-59177-5 (pbk)
- London : Routledge, 2010.
- Engelska viii, 258 s.
Serie: Critical agrarian studies
- The Landlord Class, Peasant Differentiation, Class Struggle and the Transition to Capitalism: England, France and Prussia Compared / Terence J. Byres -- V. I. Lenin and A. V. Chayanov: Looking Back, Looking Forward / Henry Bernstein -- Chayanov's Treble Death and Tenuous Resurrection: An Essay about Understanding, about Roots of Plausibility and about Rural Russia / Teodor Shanin -- Development Strategies and Rural Development: Exploring Synergies, Eradicating Poverty / Cristóbal Kay -- A Food Regime Genealogy / Philip McMichael -- Livelihoods Perspectives and Rural Development / Ian Scoones -- Engendering the Political Economy of Agrarian Change / Shahra Razavi -- Everyday Politics in Peasant Societies (and Ours) / Benedict J. Tria Kerkvliet -- Synergies and Tensions between Rural Social Movements and Professional Researchers / Marc Edelman.
- "Agrarian transformations within and across countries have been significantly and dynamically altered during the past few decades compared to previous eras, provoking a variety of reactions from rural poor communities worldwide. The recent convergence of various crises - financial, food, energy and environmental - has put the nexus between 'rural development' and 'development in general' back onto the center stage of theoretical, policy and political agendas in the world today. Confronting these issues will require (re)engaging with critical theories, taking politics seriously, and utilizing rigorous and appropriate research methodologies. These are the common messages and implications of the various contributions to this collection in the context of a scholarship that is critical in two senses: questioning prescriptions from mainstream perspectives and interrogating popular conventions in radical thinking."--pub. desc.
- Rural development. (LCSH)
- rural development (agrovoc)
- social groups (agrovoc)
- poverty (agrovoc)
- politics (agrovoc)
- development policies (agrovoc)
- case studies (agrovoc)
- HN49.C6 (LCC)
- 338.91091734 (DDC)
- Obq (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit