World wide webs : diasporas and the international system / Michael Fullilove.
Fullilove, Michael, 1972- (författare)
Lowy Institute for International Policy (utgivare)
- ISBN 978-1-921004-33-9
- Sydney : Lowy Institute for International Policy, 2008.
- Engelska xviii, 195 p.
Serie: Lowy Institute paper ; 22
Läs hela texten (Fritt tillgänglig via Lowy Institute)
- "Diasporas -- communities which live outside, but maintain links with, their homelands -- are getting larger, thicker and stronger. They are the human face of globalization. Diaspora consciousness is on the rise : diasporans are becoming more interested in their origins, and organising themselves more effectively ; homelands are revising their opinions of their disaporas as the stigma attached to emigration declines, and stepping up their engagement efforts; meanwhile, host countries are witnessing more assertive disaporic groups within their own national communities, worrying about fifth columns and foreign lobbies, and suffering outbreaks of 'diasporaphobia'."--Vii.
- migration -- international relations (sipri)
- Transborder ethnic groups -- Political activity. (LCSH)
- Immigrants -- Political activity. (LCSH)
- Emigration and immigration. (LCSH)
- International relations. (LCSH)
- Globalization. (LCSH)
Indexterm och SAB-rubrik
- GN495.4 (LCC)
- 325.2 (DDC)
- Ohdh (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit
SIPRI Library and Documentation Department, Biblioteket (Sipr)Ange som favorit
Bibliotekets lokala katalog
Öppettider, adress m.m.
Placering: 327ser Misc Lowy