Crises in South Asia [electronic resource] : trends and potential consequences / Michael Krepon, Nate Cohn, editors.
Krepon, Michael (redaktör/utgivare)
Cohn, Nate (redaktör/utgivare)
- Henry L. Stimson Center (utgivare)
Alternativt namn: Stimson Center
- ISBN 978-0-9845211-9-7
- Washington, DC : Henry L. Stimson Center, 2011.
- Engelska 1 online resource (100 p.)
Läs hela texten (Fritt tillgänglig via Stimson Center)
- Preface. -- List of abbreviations. -- Crises in South Asia: trends and potential consequences (Michael Krepon). -- Appendices: Appendix I: The structure of South Asian crises from Brasstacks to Mumbai (Samuel Black). -- Appendix II: Spoilers, mass-casualty attacks, and the disruption of hopeful India-Pakistan diplomacy (Nathan Cohn). -- Appendix III: Mass-casualty attacks in India (Nathan Cohn and William Shimer). -- Appendix IV: Mass-casualty attacks in Pakistan (Nathan Cohn). -- Appendix V: Chinese involvement in South Asian crises (William Shimer). -- Appendix VI: Ten countries most afflicted by mass-casualty terrorism since July 2007 (Nathan Cohn). -- Contributors.
- Twenty years after acquiring nuclear weapon capabilities, ties between Pakistan and India remain strained. This new report is the latest in a series of Stimson publications that provide fresh and important insights into the various chapters of crisis and brinksmanship in South Asia - from the 1986-7 Brasstacks crisis, the 1990 crisis, the limited war in 1999 in the heights above Kargil, the 2001-2 'Twin Peaks' crisis, and the 2008 assaults on Mumbai. Michael Krepon addresses the trends and consequences of this series of crises. What have the two protagonists taken away from these events? Have the lessons shaped their behavior and their understanding of each other in subsequent crises? How can US policymakers contribute to regional stability, even while US relations with Islamabad and Delhi are on such different trajectories?
- deterrence -- nuclear weapons -- India (sipri)
- deterrence -- nuclear weapons -- Pakistan (sipri)
- Terrorism -- India. (LCSH)
- Terrorism -- Pakistan. (LCSH)
- Crisis management. (LCSH)
- South Asia -- regional security (sipri)
- South Asia -- terrorism (sipri)
- India -- Foreign relations -- Pakistan. (LCSH)
- Pakistan -- Foreign relations -- India. (LCSH)
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit
SIPRI Library and Documentation Department, Biblioteket (Sipr)Ange som favorit
Bibliotekets lokala katalog
Öppettider, adress m.m.
Placering: Fri e-publikation