Building a successful family business board : a guide for leaders, directors, and families / Jennifer M. Pendergast, John L. Ward, and Stephanie Brun de Pontet
Pendergast, Jennifer M. (författare)
Ward, John L., 1945- (författare)
De Pontet, Stephanie Brun. (författare)
- ISBN 978-0-230-11154-7 (hc)
- New York : Palgrave Macmillan, 2011
- Engelska x, 261 p.
Serie: A family business publication
- Independent boards of directors and family business : introduction to a powerful alliance -- Truth and myths about boards meeting the challenge -- The role of the board in the family business -- The special value of independent directors to the family business -- The vital role of the board in family business continuity planning -- Designing the board -- Finding and selecting directors -- Managing the board -- Making the most of your board -- Linking family and business governance in later generations -- How you can contribute as a director -- Our call to action.
- Boards of directors can help businesses succeed--yet many family businesses do not have functioning boards of directors that play a valuable role in providing oversight to their businesses. Here, the authors show why private firms need the in-depth expertise and objective feedback that a well-chosen board, including qualified independent directors, can provide, and demonstrates how owners and directors can work together to ensure a long and profitable life for the firm. The book provides best practices for owners and directors with step-by-step guidelines for developing and managing a board--from writing the initial prospectus, through conducting lively meetings, to maintaining open, honest communication between owners, directors, family members, and other stakeholders in the firm.--From publisher description.
- Family-owned business enterprises -- Management. (LCSH)
- Family corporations -- Management. (LCSH)
- Boards of directors. (LCSH)
- HD62.25 (LCC)
- 658.4/22 (DDC)
- Qbab (kssb/8)
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit