Volunteer tourism : theoretical frameworks and practical applications / edited by Angela M. Benson.
Benson, Angela M.
- ISBN 978-0-415-57664-2 (hardback)
- Abingdon, Oxon ; Routledge, 2011.
- Engelska xxiii, 258 p.
Serie: Contemporary geographies of leisure, tourism and mobility
- Volunteer tourism: theory and practice / Angela M. Benson -- Understanding voluntourism: a Glaserian grounded theory study / Joë Alexander and Ali Bakir -- VOLUNtourists versus volunTOURISTS: a true dichotomy or merely a differing perception? / Bilge Daldeniz and Mark P. Hampton -- Journeys of the self: volunteer tourists in Nepal / Eugenia Wickens -- Young non-institutionalised volunteer tourists in Guatemala: exploring youth and self-development / Christian Schott -- Developing and promoting sustainable volunteer tourism sites in Sabah, Malaysia: experiences, dimensions and tourists' motives / Jennifer Kim Lian Chan -- Volunteer tourism as a life-changing experience / Anne Zahra -- Self and society in voluntourism: a thirty-year retrospective analysis of post-trip self-development of volunteer tourists to the Israeli kibbutz / David Mittelberg and Michal Palgi -- Volunteer tourism and divers with disabilities: evidence from Malaysia / Caroline A. Walsh and Mark P. Hampton -- Profiling volunteer holiday leaders: a case study of National Trust working holiday leaders - socio-demographics, basic human values and functional volunteer motivations / Steven Jackson -- Volunteer archaeological tourism: an overview / Jamie Kaminski, David B. Arnold and Angela M. Benson -- Managing volunteers: an application of ISO 31000:2009 risk management - principles and guidelines to the management of volunteers in tourism and beyond / Tracey J. Dickson -- Volunteer tourism and intercultural exchange: exploring the 'Other' in the experience / Stephen Wearing and Simone Grabowski -- Volunteer tourism: how do we know it is 'making a difference'? / Joanne Ingram -- How does it make a difference? Towards 'accreditation' of the development impact of volunteer tourism / Liam Fee and Anna Mdee-- Volunteer tourism: structuring the research agenda / Angela M. Benson.
- Volunteer tourism. (LCSH)
- G156.5.V64 (LCC)
- 361.3/7 (DDC)
- Ohf (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit