ICT4D : information and communication technology for development / general editor, Tim Unwin.
Unwin, P. T. H. (redaktör/utgivare)
- ISBN 978-0-521-71236-1 (pbk)
- Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, 2009.
- Engelska xiv, 386 p.
Serie: Cambridge learning
- Development agendas and the place of ICTs / Tim Unwin -- Information and communication in development practices / Tim Unwin -- The technologies : identifying appropriate solutions for development needs / Tim Unwin -- ICT4D implementation : policies and partnerships / Tim Unwin -- ICTs, enterprise and development / Michael L. Best and Charles Kenny -- ICT in education : catalyst for development / Michelle Selinger -- E-health : information and communication technologies for health / S. Yunkap Kwankam, Ariel Pablos-Mendez and Misha Kay -- E-government and e-governance / James Guida and Martin Crow -- Information and communication technologies for rural development / Bob Day and Peter Greenwood -- Conclusions / Tim Unwin.
- "ICT4D provides an authoritative and accessible account of the use of Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs) in contemporary development practice. It combines theory with practical guidance - including both a conceptual framework for understanding the rapid development of ICT4D, and practitioners' overviews of the use of ICTs in enterprise, health, governance, education and rural development. Boxed case studies provide detailed examples of issues and initiatives from a wide variety of countries and organisations." "ICTs are becoming increasingly significant in making a difference and improving the impacts of development practice. However, ICT4D projects in Africa, Asia and Latin America have not always been as effective as their proponents had hoped. This book explores both the successes and the challenges facing such initiatives, and provides clear recommendations for how they can be developed in more sustainable ways for the benefit of poor people and marginalised communities."--BOOK JACKET.
- Information technology -- Developing countries. (LCSH)
- Communication in economic development -- Developing countries. (LCSH)
Uppgift om bibliotek saknas i LIBRIS
Kontakta ditt bibliotek, eller sök utanför LIBRIS. Se högermenyn.