Isonzo : the forgotten sacrifice of the Great War / John R. Schindler.
Schindler, John R. (författare)
- ISBN 0-275-97204-6 (alk paper)
- Westport, Conn. : Praeger, 2001.
- Engelska xiv, 409 p.
- The Road to War -- 1915 -- 1916 -- 1917 -- 1918.
- "This is the first account in English of a much-overlooked, but important, First World War battlefront located in the mountains astride the border between Italy and the Austro-Hungarian Empire. Not well known in the West, the battles of Isonzo were nevertheless ferocious, and compiled a record of bloodletting that totaled over 1.75 million for both sides. In sharp contrast to claims that neither the Italian nor the Austrian armies were viable fighting forces, Schindler aims to bring the terrible sacrifices endured by both armies back to their rightful place in the history of 20th-century Europe. The Habsburg Empire, he contends, lost the war for military and economic reasons rather than for political or ethnic ones."--BOOK JACKET.
- Isonzo, Battles of the, 1915-1917. (LCSH)
- Isonzoschlachten (swd)
- D569.I69 (LCC)
- 940.4/145 (DDC)
- K.5 (kssb/8)
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit