Handbook of research on digital media and advertising : user generated content consumption / [edited by] Matthew S. Eastin, Terry Daugherty, Neal M. Burns
Eastin, Matthew S.
Daugherty, Terry, 1971-
Burns, Neal M., 1933-
- ISBN 978-1-60566-792-8 (hbk)
- Hershey, PA : Information Science Reference, cop. 2011
- Engelska xxvi, 742 p.
- An overview of digital media and advertising / Irene J. Dickey, William F. Lewis -- Media evolution and the advent of web 2.0 / Laura F. Bright -- Economic issues in media regulation: an EU and US perspective / Geraldine Ryan, Edward Shinnick -- Advertising in virtual worlds: facilitating a hierarchy of engagement / Paul R. Messinger, Xin Ge -- The influence of immersion on product placement effectiveness: a synthesis and review of product placement in traditional and digital media / Tamara L. Ansons, Fang Wan, Jason P. Leboe -- Evolving media metrics from assumed attention to earned engagement / Martha G. Russell -- Expectancy-value: identifying relationships associated with consuming user-generated content / Terry Daugherty ... [et al.] -- Race-specific advertising on commercial websites: effects of ethnically ambiguous computer generated characters in a digital world / Osei Appiah, Troy Elias -- Social impact of digital media and advertising: a look at consumer control / Gregory O'Toole -- Consumer reviews on retail websites: a marketing and social phenomenon / Sung-Yeon Park, Gi Woong Yun -- Electronic word of mouth and consumer generated content: from concept to application / Ye Wang, Shelly Rodgers -- Does Second Life mark the beginning of a new era of online shopping? Exploring the avatar-based shopping experience in virtual worlds / Jang Ho Moon, Yongjun Sung, S. Marina Choi -- Consumer generated advertising in blogs / Dilip Mutum, Qing Wang -- Motivations for social networking site adoption / Harsha Gangadharbatla -- Convergence, contradiction, and collaboration: case studies on developing creative strategies for digital components of integrated campaigns / Brian Sheehan, Antony Young -- Point of involvement, purchase and consumption: the delivery of audience engagement / Neal M. Burns -- Digital metrics: getting to the other 50 percent / Michelle R. Nelson, Helen Katz -- Virtual identities from virtual environments / Melvin Prince -- The "digitalisation" of youth: how do they manage and integrate digital technologies? / Pedro Quelhas Brito -- Consumption and marketing in a 3D virtual space: the Second Life experience / Gulnur Tumbat, Lisa Bennett -- Teaching taboo topics through technology / Piya Sorcar, Clifford Nass -- Advertising: it's in the game / Paul Skalski, Cheryl Campanella-Bracken, Michael Buncher -- Online gaming: demographics, motivations, and information processing / Vincent Cicchirillo -- An opportunity for in-game ad placement: the history of the video game industry interpreted through the meaning lifecycle / Heather M. Schulz, Matthew S. Eastin -- Digital media and sports advertising / John A. Fortunato -- Performance-enhancing media: virtual advertising in sports / Jon Mills -- Adonis or atrocious: spokesavatars and source effects in immersive digital environments / Natalie T. Wood, Michael R. Solomon -- Sounds of web advertising / Iben B. Jessen, Nicolai J. Graakjaer -- Alternative online videos in the 2008 U.S. presidential election: multiple mix of media attributes approach to grassroots mobilization / Gooyong Kim -- What a difference a download makes: political advertising in the digital age / Lauren Reichart-Smith, Kenny D. Smith -- Making personalization feel more personal: a four-step cycle for advancing the user experience of personalized recommenders and adaptive systems / Shailendra Rao, Clifford Nass, Jeremy N. Bailenson -- From consumers to producers: engagement through user-generated advertising contests / Kelli S. Burns.
- "This book bridges the gap between professional and academic perceptions of advertising in new media environments, defining the evolution of consumerism within the context of media change and establishing the practical issues related to consumer power shifts from supplier to user"--Provided by publisher.
- Advertising -- Social aspects. (LCSH)
- Internet marketing -- Social aspects. (LCSH)
- Consumer behavior. (LCSH)
- Digital media -- Social aspects. (LCSH)
- 659.144 (DDC)
- 659.14/4 (DDC)
- Qbm (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit