The two faces of tomorrow / story by James P. Hogan ; art and adaptation by Yukinobu Hoshino ; translation, Frederik L. Schodt and Toren Smith ; lettering and retouch, Tomoko Saito.
Hoshino, Yukinobu (författare)
Hogan, James P. (författare)
- ISBN 1-59307-563-4
- Milwaukie, OR : Dark Horse Manga, c2006
- Engelska 572 p.
- Midway through the Twenty-first century, an integrated global computer network manages much of the world's affairs. A proposed major software upgrade -- an artificial intelligence -- will give the system an unprecedented degree of independent decision-making power, but serious questions are raised in regard to how much control can safely be given to a non-human intelligence. In order to more fully assess the system, a new space-station habitat -- a world in miniature -- is developed for deployment of the fully operational system, named Spartacus. This mini-world can then be "attacked" in a series of escalating tests to assess the system's responses and capabilities. If Spartacus gets out of hand, the system can be shut down and the station destroyed ... unless Spartacus decides to take matters into its own hands and take the fight to Earth.
- Fifth generation computers -- Fiction. (LCSH)
- Artificial intelligence -- Fiction. (LCSH)
- Computers -- Fiction. (LCSH)
- Science fiction comic books, strips, etc. (gsafd.)
- Graphic novels. (lcsh.)
- 741.5/952 (DDC)
- He.05 (kssb/8)
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit