A sacred landscape : the search for ancient Peru / Hugh Thomson.
Thomson, Hugh. (författare)
- ISBN 978-1-59020-058-2
- 1st pbk. ed.
- Woodstock : Overlook Press, 2008, c2006.
- Engelska xix, 330 p.,  p. of plates
- Hugh Thompson has made a career exploring the mysterious pre-Columbian cultures of ancient Peru, providing unforgettable accounts of South America's most strange--but enduring--culture. Here, he takes us from the great Moche pyramids to remote sites in the central highlands that date back to the first millennium BCE--ancient Incan sites of the Andes that remain cloaked in mystery. He elegantly interweaves his account of the rise, decline, and fall of pre-Inca civilization with the story of his family's relocation to a farm in the Yucay valley, the one-time heartland of ancient Peru. Thompson draws on the year that he spent alongside contemporary Peruvians to explore how things have changed--or failed to change--in the five centuries or more that separate contemporary Peru from the civilization that is one of the world's oldest and most captivating enigmas.--From publisher description.
- Incas -- Antiquities. (LCSH)
- Inca architecture -- Andes Region. (LCSH)
- Inca roads -- Andes Region. (LCSH)
- Andes Region -- Antiquities. (LCSH)
- Thomson, Hugh -- Travel -- Andes Region.
- F3429 (LCC)
- 985/.019 (DDC)
- Jqdk (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit