Managing Information Services [electronic resource] : a Sustainable Approach.
Bryson, Jo. (författare)
- ISBN 978-1-4094-0695-2
- 3rd ed.
- Farnham : Ashgate Pub., 2011.
- Engelska 1 online resource (440 p.)
- Cover; Contents; List of Figures; List of Tables; List of Boxes; Preface; Acknowledgements; Part I: Management Influences in a Changing Landscape; 1 Managing in an Uncertain World; 2 Strategic Influences; Part II: Strategy and Planning; 3 Strategic Planning: Positioning for a Sustainable Future; 4 Attracting and Retaining Talented People in Challenging Times; 5 Ensuring Value for Money and Enabling a Cost-Sustainable Future; 6 Knowledge and Information Management -- A Key to Survival; 7 Strategic Technology and Asset Management -- A Smarter Approach; Part III: Leadership and Innovation.
- 8 Leadership9 Utilizing a Values-Driven Culture for Sustainability; 10 Innovation and Creativity; 11 Engaging Change in Positioning for the Future; 12 Group Dynamics and Team Building; 13 Effective Negotiation and Conflict Management; 14 Managing the Political Arena; 15 Policy Making; 16 Personal Communication and Networking; 17 Managing Yourself and Others in Challenging Times; Part IV: Governance and Social Responsibility; 18 Ensuring Good Corporate Governance; 19 Using Authority and Influence; 20 Encouraging Transparency; 21 Managing for Sustainability; 22 Managing Risk.
- 23 Sustaining Trust and Continued Operations24 Evaluating Benefits and Performance; Part V: Customer and Market Focus; 25 Competitive Strategies; 26 Corporate Image and Communications; 27 Ensuring Service Quality; Part VI: Success and Sustainability; 28 Bringing it all Together; Index.
- This third edition of Jo Bryson's highly regarded Managing Information Services has been thoroughly revised with an emphasis on managing for a sustainable future. Libraries and information services face uncertain times and this new edition tackles the challenges of planning and managing change, future-proofing for tomorrow, and leading the transformation to a sustainable future. The text also addresses the integration of information services including librarianship, records management and ICT. Essential reading for information students, this text also serves as a comprehensive and detailed ref.
- Corporate libraries -- Administration -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.
- Information resources management -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.
- Information services -- Management -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.
- Computer science.
- Information resources management -- Handbooks, manuals, etc. (LCSH)
- Corporate libraries -- Administration -- Handbooks, manuals, etc. (LCSH)
- Information services -- Management -- Handbooks, manuals, etc. (LCSH)
- Electronic books.
- T58.64.B795 2011 (LCC)
- 025.5/2/068-dc22658.4/038011 (DDC)
- Abfb (kssb/8 (machine generated))
- Qbabb (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit