TV and national defense : an analysis of CBS news, 1972-73 / Ernest W. Lefever
Lefever, Ernest W. (författare)
Institute for American Strategy.
- 1. ed.
- Boston, Va. : Institute for American Strategy Press, 1974
- Engelska xvi, 209 s.
- The people's right to be informed. TV is powerful, but not all powerful -- Purpose of this study -- The fairness doctrine and the First Amendment -- How TV broadcasters view themselves -- Rising criticism of TV news -- Why CBS-TV news was selected for this study -- The owned and affiliated stations -- Viewer sovereignty -- Patterns and themes of CBS news. Distribution of news stories -- U.S. military affairs and issues -- Theme analysis of 1972 transcripts -- Themes in special CBS news programs : 1972 -- Events CBS evening news did not report. Detente with the Soviet Union -- Soviet military developments -- U.S. military developments -- Political and military developments in China -- CBS special : Where we stand -- Issues and viewpoints : 1972. Four research phases -- The three national security viewpoints -- Example of viewpoint coding : June, 1972 -- Distribution of evening news viewpoints -- Distribution of viewpoint by subject -- Did CBS advocate viewpoint C? -- The neglect of viewpoint A -- How CBS portrayed the Vietnam War : 1972. The unfolding Vietnam drama -- Vietnam themes : evening news -- Vietnam themes : specials -- Views toward Vietnam -- Vietnam views of newsmakers and newsmen -- The portrait that emerged -- Methods of communication -- How well did CBS News measure up? The medium suggested the method -- Requirements for responsible broadcasting -- CBS News and the parameters of debate. The parameters of the debate -- Where does the American majority stand? -- CBS coverage on Vietnam affected other news -- How can TV news be improved?.
- Television broadcasting of news -- United States. (LCSH)
- United States -- Military policy. (LCSH)
- CBS News.
- PN4888.T4 (LCC)
- 070.4/12 (DDC)
- Bt (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit