Afghanistan 2011-2014 and beyond [electronic resource] : from support operations to sustainable peace : joint report / co-edited by Luis Peral and Ashley J. Tellis ; contributors, Masood Aziz ... [et al.].
Tellis, Ashley J.
Institute for Security Studies (Paris, France)
- Carnegie Endowment for International Peace.
Alternativt namn: Carnegie Endowment
Alternativt namn: Dotation Carnegie pour la paix internationale
- Paris : European Union Institute for Security Studies, 2011.
- Engelska 1 online resource (63 p.)
Läs hela texten
- Introduction -- A view from the field -- Sustaining military operations amidst Afghan-led peacebuilding -- Crafting a sustainable political transition -- International support for socio-economic sustainability -- Strengthening regional cooperation and integration.
- There is a general sense of urgency among experts regarding the situation in Afghanistan. The period of transition that is currently underway is seen as a last opportunity to create the necessary conditions for transforming international support in a way that reinforces a viable democratic state. The key lies in transforming what is basically a foreign military operation into a peacebuilding operation led by the Afghan government and the UN backed by international support, including military support if necessary, but always subordinate to civilian authorities. Thus, as the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) scales down, the EU and the US must work closely and intensively together, starting with supporting a strengthening of the UN Assistance Mission in Afghanistan (UNAMA).
- Nation-building -- Afghanistan -- International cooperation. (LCSH)
- Peace-building -- Afghanistan -- International cooperation. (LCSH)
- Armed Forces -- Stability operations. (LCSH)
Uppgift om bibliotek saknas i LIBRIS
Kontakta ditt bibliotek, eller sök utanför LIBRIS. Se högermenyn.