Forbidden language : English learners and restrictive language policies / edited by Patricia Gándara and Megan Hopkins.
Gandara, Patricia C.
- ISBN 978-0-8077-5045-2 (pbk alk paper)
- New York : Teachers College Press, c2010.
- Engelska xxi, 242 p.
Serie: Multicultural education series
- The changing linguistic landscape of the United States / Patricia Gándara and Megan Hopkins -- Forbidden language : a brief history of the U.S. language policy / Patricia Gándara ... [et al.] -- Proposition 227 in California : a long-term appraisal of its impact on English learner student achievement / Laura Wentworth ... [et al.] -- Castañada's third prong : evaluating the achievement of Arizona's English learners under restrictive language policy / Kate Mahoney ... [et al.] -- Impact of restrictive language policies on engagement and academic achievement of English learners in Boston public schools / Miren Uriarte ... [et al.] -- State language policies, school language practices, and the English learner achievement gap / Russell W. Rumberger and Loan Tran -- Shifting landscapes of professional practices : English learner special education placement in English-only states / Alfredo J. Artiles ... [et al.] -- Undermining teacher competencies : another look at the impact of restrictive language policies / Ester J. de Jong, M. Beatriz Arias, and María Teresa Sánchez -- Restrictive state language policies : are they scientifically based? / Diane August, Claude Goldenberg, and Robert Rueda -- Learning in two languages : programs with political promise / P. Zitlali Morales and Ursula S. Aldana -- Bilingualism for the children : dual-language programs under restrictive language policies / April Linton and Rebecca C. Franklin -- Challenging limitations : the growing potential for overturning restrictive language policies and ensuring equal educational opportunity / Daniel Losen -- Moving from failure to a new vision of language policy / Patricia Gándara and Gary Orfield.
- Hispanic Americans -- Education. (LCSH)
- Hispanic American students -- Social conditions. (LCSH)
- Language arts -- United States. (LCSH)
- Education, Bilingual -- United States. (LCSH)
- Whitman College. Class of 1961.
- Whitman College -- Memorial bookplates -- Class of 1961.
- LC2672.4 (LCC)
- 428.24 (DDC)
- Fe.062 (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit