Gerrit Thomas Rietveld : an outline of his life, thought and work / Bertus Mulder ; [translation: Pieter Kiewiet de Jonge].
Mulder, Bertus. (författare)
Kiewiet de Jonge, Pieter. (författare)
- ISBN 978-90-8506-972-0
- Amsterdam, The Netherlands : SUN : c2010.
- Engelska 157 p.
Serie: SUN architecture
- "At the end of the 1950s the young architect Bertus Mulder came to work for Gerrit Rietveld. This working relationship, which lasted for a number of years, developed into a close relationship that allowed Mulder to get to know Rietveld and his immediate surroundings: his children, his Muse and beloved Truus Schröder and her children, Rietveld's furniture maker Van de Groenekan and many others. Later Bertus Mulder himself became a well-known architect and a leading expert in the field of restoring works of Gerrit Rietveld, among which the famous Rietveld Schröder House in Utrecht. During the restoration of the Rietveld Schröder House he had numerous, in-depth conversations with Mrs Schröder and conducted a searching study of the vast collection of Rietveld's writings she had collected. As a result no one could be more qualified to outline the interconnections of Rietveld's life, thought and work than Bertus Mulder. Furthermore, this architect's biography sheds an uncommonly clear light on the anthropological and philosophical backgrounds of the architectural body of work, which Rietveld called the 'attitude to life'."--P.  of cover.
- Arkitekter -- Nederländerna -- 1900-talet (sao)
- Architects -- Netherlands -- Biography. (LCSH)
- Rietveld, Gerrit Thomas, 1888-1964 -- Criticism and interpretation.
- NA1153.R5 (LCC)
- 720.92 (DDC)
- Ibz (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit
Arkitektur- och designcentrum (Arkm)Ange som favorit
Utlånad?Öppettider, adress m.m.
Placering: Monografier R : Rietveld