The Battle of the Nurses : a study of eight women who influenced the development of professional nursing, 1880-1930 / Susan McGann
- ISBN 1-871364-62-0
- Harrow : Scutari Press, 1992
- Odefinierat språk vii, 221 s.
- Innehåll: Mrs Bedford Fenwick; A Restless Genius: Isla Stewart; The Incarnation of Common Sense: Sidney Browne; A Great Matron-in-Chief: Rebecca Strong; Pioneer of University Education for Nurses: Margaret Huxley; Pioneer of Scientific Nursing in Ireland: Sarah Swift; A Supreme Organiser: Ellen Musson; A Wise Chairman. / Eva Luckes; A Great Maker of Matrons.
- The Battle of the Nurses is an important book for all interested in the role nursing has played in the history of women's achievement. Susan McGann is the archivist of the Royal College of Nursing and has drawn on her knowledge of nursing archives in Britain and Ireland. The lives and careers of eight pioneers of professional nursing in the UK and Ireland are discussed. Each woman represents a different strand of nursing history and each has contributed to the recognition of nursing as a profession.
Indexterm och SAB-rubrik
- 610.73069 (DDC)
- 61. (z)
- Vpd (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit