Pathophysiology : a clinical approach / Carie A. Braun, Cindy M. Anderson
Braun, Carie A. (författare)
Anderson, Cindy M. (författare)
- ISBN 978-1-60547-304-8
- 2. ed.
- Philadelphia : Wolters Kluwer/Lippincott Williams & Wilkins Health, cop. 2011
- Engelska xxvii, 526 s.
- Machine generated contents note: Introduction to Pathophysiology -- Altered Cells and Tissues -- Inflammation and Tissue Repair -- Altered Immunity -- Infection -- Genetic and Developmental Disorders -- Altered Cellular Proliferation and Differentiation -- Altered Fluid, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Balance -- Altered Neuronal Transmission -- Altered Sensory Function and Pain Perception -- Altered Hormonal and Metabolic Regulation -- Altered Reproductive Function -- Altered Ventilation and Diffusion -- Altered Perfusion -- Altered Nutrition -- Altered Elimination -- Degenerative Changes in Aging -- Integrated Pathophysiologic Concepts: Diabetes Mellitus Glossary.
- "This pathophysiology text offers a unique conceptual approach that facilitates learning by viewing pathophysiology as health care professionals do. Where a traditional systems-based approach impractically isolates diseases to a single body system, this approach recognizes how disease affects multiple systems. Additionally, rather than learning only about a limited number of diseases, aiming for rote memorization of the key factors in those diseases, the conceptual approach details the mechanisms of disease. By explaining the core concepts of altered human function, students can apply a deeper understanding to a host of diseases, rather than trying to memorize facts about specific conditions. Because students learn through application they learn to think about pathophysiology the way they will need to in a clinical setting, by working from symptoms to the cause, rather than the other way around. Each chapter discusses clinical models, enhancing the real-world application of the material"--Provided by publisher.
- Physiology, Pathological. (LCSH)
- Health -- Miscellanea. (LCSH)
- Pathology. (MeSH)
- Physiology. (MeSH)
- RB113 (LCC)
- QZ 4 (NLM)
- 616.07 (DDC)
- Veac (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 2 bibliotek. Ange som favorit