One hundred years of social work : a history of the profession in English Canada, 1900-2000 / Therese Jennissen and Colleen Lundy.
Jennissen, Therese. (författare)
Lundy, Colleen. (författare)
- ISBN 978-1-55458-186-3
- Waterloo, Ont. : Wilfrid Laurier University Press, 2010.
- Engelska xxxi, 351 p.
- Relaterad länk:
http://www.wlupress.... (Front cover image)
- One Hundred Years of Social Work is the first comprehensive history of social work as a profession in English Canada. Organized chronologically, it provides a critical and compelling look at the internal struggles and debates in the social work profession over the course of a century and investigates the responses of social workers to several important events. A central theme in the book is the long-standing struggle of the professional association (the Canadian Association of Social Workers) and individual social workers to reconcile advancement of professional status with the promotion social action. The book chronicles the early history of the secularization and professionalization of social work and examines social workers roles during both world wars, the Depression, and in the era of postwar reconstruction. It includes sections on civil defence, the Cold War, unionization, social work education, regulation of the profession, and other key developments up to the end of the twentieth century. Drawing on extensive archival research as well as personal interviews and secondary literature, the authors provide strong academic evidence of a profession that has endured many important changes and continues to advocate for a just society and a responsive social welfare state. One Hundred Years of Social Work will be of interest to social workers, social work students and educators, social historians, professional associations and anyone interested in understanding the complex nature of people and institutions.
- Social service -- Canada -- History. (LCSH)
- Social service -- Kanada -- historia (sao)
- Service social -- Canada -- Histoire. (Vedettes-matière)
- Association canadienne des travailleuses et travailleurs sociaux -- Histoire.
- HV (LCC)
- HV105 (LAC)
- 361.3/0971 (DDC)
- Ohf (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit
Stockholms universitetsbibliotek Biblioteket för socialt arbete (Hso)Ange som favorit
Utlånad?Öppettider, adress m.m.
Placering: SOCARB Ohf Jennissen