GUIDE TO THE CODING OF CONTROLS.
Bishop, Edward W.
DUNLAP AND ASSOCIATES INC STAMFORD CONN.
- Ft. Belvoir Defense Technical Information Center JAN 1962.
- Engelska 74 p.
- The purposes of control coding and standardizing control coding are discussed. Six coding methods are described: location coding; labeling; color coding; shape coding; size coding; and mode of operation coding. For each method the following are provided; a description of the method; the conditions for use; the major advantages and disadvantages; considerations toward standardizing its use; and a summary of recommendations regarding when to and when not to use the method. A summary table which covers the foregoing factors is also provided. The physical physiological and psychological conderations which affect the application of coding are discussed, and a number of recommendations and good practices are offered. This is followed by a discussion of factors influencing the assignment of priorities to controls for coding purposes. A procedure for developing control priorities is suggested. The document concludes with a discussion of standardizing the coding of controls across related equipments. (Author).
- (Human engineering) (dtict)
- Instrument panels) (dtict)
- (Control panels) (dtict)
- (Control knobs) (dtict)
- (Control sticks) (dtict)
- Military equipment. (dtict)
- Specifications. (dtict)
- Colors. (dtict)
- Coding. (dtict)
- Motion. (dtict)
- Standardization. (dtict)
- Machine parts. (LCSH)
- Machine design. (LCSH)
Indexterm och SAB-rubrik
- MILITARY EQUIPMENT
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit
Kungliga Tekniska högskolans bibliotek, KTH Biblioteket, Huvudbiblioteket (T)Ange som favorit
Bibliotekets lokala katalogTillgänglighet för KTH Biblioteket
Utlånad?Öppettider, adress m.m.
Placering: Flygrapportsamlingen Dunlap and associates, inc.
Bestånd: 1 ex.