Cybersecurity [electronic resource] : is technology moving faster than policy? / rapporteur, David Koczij.
Koczij, David (författare)
Security & Defence Agenda (utgivare)
- Brussels, Belgium : Security & Defence Agenda (SDA), 2011.
- Engelska 13 p.
Läs hela texten (Fritt tillgänglig via SDA)
- Cyberattacks in Europe and across the globe are at an all-time high and showing no signs of abating. Remote hijacking of computers for malicious purposes constitute an 'electronic epidemic'. Faced with such rapid technological upheaval, European policymakers seem slow to react. As EU member states rush to create the necessary national agencies, is it time for a European cybersecurity authority? What technical capabilities would such a body need, and who should provide them? Under which jurisdiction should cybercriminals be prosecuted? Is a stronger private-public cooperation framework needed to support such a system? Can the need to provide a safe cyber environment be balanced with privacy for the individual? Could investment in public education for 'good hygiene' practices offer a low cost answer to the threat of viral infection?
- IW -- technology (sipri)
- Computer security -- International cooperation -- Congresses. (LCSH)
- Cyberterrorism -- Prevention -- International cooperation -- Congresses. (LCSH)
- Data protection -- International cooperation -- Congresses. (LCSH)
- Computer crimes -- Prevention -- International cooperation -- Congresses. (LCSH)
- Computer networks -- Security measures -- International cooperation -- Congresses. (LCSH)
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit
SIPRI Library and Documentation Department, Biblioteket (Sipr)Ange som favorit
Bibliotekets lokala katalog
Öppettider, adress m.m.
Placering: Fri e-publikation