Franco-British defence and security treaties [electronic resource] : entente while it lasts? / Benoît Gomis.
Gomis, Benoît. (författare)
Royal Institute of International Affairs (utgivare)
- London, England : Chatham House, 2011.
- Engelska 20 p.
Serie: Programme paper ; ISP PP 2001/01
Läs hela texten (Fritt tillgänglig via Chatham House)
- The 2010 Franco-British treaties have the potential to further bilateral strategic rapprochement and serve as a source of inspiration for other joint defense initiatives in Europe but their sustainability will depend on a number of factors. These are: the United Kingdom's ability to mitigate its own Eurosceptic fears in the treaties' implementation process; France's commitment to implementing the agreed measures and its capacity to leave behind its political and ideological aspirations when dealing with the United Kingdom; the support of the United States, based on the understanding that the Franco-British treaties do not clash with its global role but will rather reinforce it; a recognition from NATO that the treaties, enabled in part by France's reintegration into NATO Military Command, are most beneficial to the alliance, both as a model for similar cooperation schemes throughout the Euro-Atlantic area and as a contribution mechanism per se; the European Union's focus on capabilities and its ability to see the treaties as an inspiration for a less politicized Common Security and Defense Policy (CSDP), possibly via the Permanent Structured Cooperation on Defense (PSCD) or similar flexible mechanisms; and the development of a more confident, open and effective partnership between defense industries and governments in Europe.
- defence cooperation -- France -- UK (sipri)
- France -- security policy -- UK
- UK -- security policy -- France
- Great Britain -- Military relations -- France. (LCSH)
- France -- Military relations -- Great Britain. (LCSH)
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit
SIPRI Library and Documentation Department, Biblioteket (Sipr)Ange som favorit
Bibliotekets lokala katalog
Öppettider, adress m.m.
Placering: Fri e-publikation