The North African military balance [electronic resource] : force developments & regional challenges / Anthony H. Cordesman and Aram Nerguizian ; with the assistance of Charles Loi.
Cordesman, Anthony H. (författare)
Nerguizian, Aram. (författare)
Loi, Charles. (författare)
Center for Strategic and International Studies (Washington, D.C.)
- Washington, D.C. : Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS), 2010.
- Engelska 124 p.
Läs hela texten (Fritt tillgänglig via CSIS)
- Comparative resources & security dynamics. The impact of non-military factors -- Comparative trends in military expenditures -- Trends in regional arms imports -- National patterns in modernization and recapitalization -- Ground forces recapitalization and modernization -- Air forces recapitalization and modernization -- Naval forces recapitalization and modernization -- The limited impact of foreign military aid -- The conventional military balance. Broad patterns in conventional force development -- Comparative manpower quantity and quality -- Army and land force weapons and technology -- Comparative surface-to-surface capabilities -- Air force aircraft, weapons, and technology -- Comparative land-based air defense forces -- Comparative naval strength -- Paramilitary forces and internal security. Regional security forces -- Internal security and counterterrorism operations -- Moroccan-Algerian cold peace & the western Sahara conflict -- AQIM : regional threat or Algerian pariah? -- The challenges of security and counterterrorism cooperation.
- The military balance in North Africa, and internal security developments in each country, receive less attention than the Arab-Israeli balance and the balance in the Gulf. They are, however, an important part of the security of world energy exports, and the struggle against terrorism and extremism. Moreover, major acquisitions on the part of Algeria and Morocco starting in 2006, and potential major orders by Libya, could mark the beginning of important military modernization efforts in the region. These trends are analyzed in this report.
- military balance -- North Africa (sipri)
- Balance of power. (LCSH)
- Internal security -- Africa, North. (LCSH)
- Armies -- Africa, North -- Statistics. (LCSH)
- Navies -- Africa, North -- Statistics. (LCSH)
- Air forces -- Africa, North -- Statistics. (LCSH)
- Africa, North -- Armed Forces -- Manpower -- Statistics. (LCSH)
- Africa, North -- Armed Forces -- Equipment -- Statistics. (LCSH)
- Africa, North -- Armed Forces -- Appropriations and expenditures. (LCSH)
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit
SIPRI Library and Documentation Department, Biblioteket (Sipr)Ange som favorit
Bibliotekets lokala katalog
Öppettider, adress m.m.
Placering: Fri e-publikation