Russian military politics and Russia's 2010 defense doctrine / Stephen J. Blank, editor
- Blank, Stephen J., 1950- (redaktör/utgivare)
Alternativt namn: Blank, Stephen, 1950-
Alternativt namn: Blank, Stephen Jerome, 1950-
- Army War College (U.S.). Strategic Studies Institute (utgivare)
Alternativt namn: Army War College. Strategic Studies Institute
Alternativt namn: Strategic Studies Institute
Alternativt namn: SSI
- ISBN 1-58487-482-1
- Carlisle, Pa. : Strategic Studies Institute, U.S. Army War College, 2011
- Engelska viii, 184 p.
Läs hela texten
- Relaterad länk:
- Introduction -- Russia's military doctrine development (2008-10) / Marcel De Haas -- Russian military doctrine : past present and future / Jacob W. Kipp -- Russian defense doctrine / Alexander G. Savelyev.
- On January 25-26, 2010, the Strategic Studies Institute (SSI) organized a conference entitled, "Contemporary Issues in International Security," at the Finnish Embassy in Washington, DC. This was the second in what we hope will be annual conferences bringing together U.S., European, and Russian scholars and experts to discuss such issues in an open forum. The importance of such regular dialogues among experts is well known, and the benefits of these discussions are considerable. Just as we published the papers of the 2008 conference in 2009, (Stephen J. Blank, ed., Prospects for US-Russian Security Cooperation, Carlisle, PA: Strategic Studies Institute, U.S. Army War College, 2009), we are doing so now. However, in this case, we are publishing the papers on a panel by panel basis. This monograph on Russia's defense or military doctrine represents the third of the five monographs that we will be publishing. It consists of three deeply probing essays into the genesis of the doctrine, the political struggle behind it, and the actual content of the doctrine. They reveal a highly politicized minefield of struggle comprising leading actors in the Russian military, government, and security policy circles as a whole. They duly illuminate the ongoing struggles between and among these sets of military and civilian elites and therefore cast a shining light on critical aspects of Russian policy that all too often are left in the darkness.
- Civil-military relations -- Russia (Federation) (LCSH)
- civil-military relations -- Russia (sipri)
- Russia (Federation) -- Politics and government -- 1991- (LCSH)
- Russia (Federation) -- Armed Forces -- Political activity. (LCSH)
- Russia -- armed forces -- military doctrines -- military strategy (sipri)
- Russia -- defence policy -- government -- internal politics (sipri)
- JN6693.5.C58 (LCC)
Titeln finns på 2 bibliotek. Ange som favorit