Agricultural import surges in developing countries : analytical framework and insights from case studies / edited by Manitra A. Rakotoarisoa, Ramesh P. Sharma and David Hallam
Rakotoarisoa, Manitra A. (redaktör/utgivare)
Sharma, Ramesh P. (redaktör/utgivare)
Hallam, David, 1953- (redaktör/utgivare)
Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations. Trade and Markets Division (utgivare)
- ISBN 978-92-5-106732-1
- Rome : Trade and Markets Division, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, 2011
- Engelska xvii, 219 p.
- pt. 1. Import surges : theoretical and legal framework. Introduction -- Identification of import surges -- Potential sources of import surges -- Consequences of import surges -- Approach and methodology for the analysis import surges -- pt. 2. Import surges in developing countries : evidence and insights from case studies. Presentation of case studies -- Identifying import surges and their causes in developing countries -- Consequences and implications of import surges in developing countries -- Responses to import surges in developing countries -- Conclusions and implications -- pt. 3. Selected import surge papers from the FAP country case studies.
- "The potentially adverse effect of import surges on domestic markets and the agricultural sector, particularly in developing countries, have received enough attention to prompt the concepts of safeguards to protect against any "injurious" import surge. This book has two objectives. The first is to examine the theoretical and legal frameworks of an import surge, based on reviews of the definition and identification of an import surge, and its potential and likely effects. The second is to synthesize the findings of FAO country case studies, including implications for ways to deal with import surges, and especially to provide informed guidance to policy-makers to respond to the surge's consequences."--Publisher's description.
- agricultural products (agrovoc)
- food supply (agrovoc)
- developing countries (agrovoc)
- imports (agrovoc)
- food policies (agrovoc)
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit