Health, economic development, and household poverty : from understanding to action / edited by Sara Bennett, Lucy Gilson, and Anne Mills.
Bennett, Sara (redaktör/utgivare)
Gilson, Lucy (redaktör/utgivare)
Mills, Anne (redaktör/utgivare)
- ISBN 978-0-415-34428-9 (hbk)
- London ; Routledge, 2008.
- Engelska xx, 276 p.
Serie: Routledge international studies in health economics ; 5
- Health, economic development, and household poverty: the role of the health sector / Anne Mills, Sara Bennett, and Lucy Gilson -- The consequences of population health for economic performance / Marcella Alsan ... [et al.] -- Illness and labour productivity: a case study from rural Kenya / Sydney Rosen, Jonathon Simon, and Matthew Fox -- Access and equity: evidence on the extent to which health services address the needs of the poor / Natasha Palmer -- Illness, health service costs, and their consequences for households / Di McIntyre and Michael Thiede -- Coping with the costs of illness: vulnerability, and resilience among poor households in urban Sri Lanka / Steven Russell -- Alternative approaches to extending health services to the poorest / Sara Bennett -- Targeting services towards the poor: a review of targeting mechanisms and their effectiveness / Kara Hanson, Eve Worrall, and Virginia Wiseman -- Protecting the poor from the cost of services through health financing reform / Sara Bennett and Lucy Gilson -- Building voice and agency of poor people in health: public action within health systems / Rene Loewenson -- Improving equity in health through health financing reform: a case study of the introduction of universal coverage in Thailand / Supasit Pannarunothai -- Promoting access, financial protection, and empowerment for the poor: Vimo SEWA in India / M. Kent Ranson, Tara Sinha, and Mirai Chatterjee -- Conclusions: from evidence to action / Sara Bennett, Lucy Gilson, and Anne Mills.
- Delivery of Health Care -- economics (MeSH)
- Developing Countries (MeSH)
- Health Policy -- economics (MeSH)
- Poverty (MeSH)
- 2007 K-863 (NLM)
- WA 395 (NLM)
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit